7

"Maya, Abby!" Shawn yelled across the cafeteria.

He ran through a crowd of people and jumped onto the seat across from us.

"Party tomorrow, I expect you both there" he began.

"Who's party?" Abby asked.

"Ben's. His parents are going on a last minute business trip so he's throwing a massive party" Shawn explained.

"Sounds good" she cheered.

"Maya, you down?" he asked me.

I mean, I didn't really want to go. I've never been to a party before, this is the first time I've ever been invited. But I didn't feel like I could say no.

"Of course" I lied.

Our conversation was interrupted by the bell, telling us to head to our next class, so we stood up from the table and started to leave.

"Wait- Maya. Can I talk to you for a second?" Shawn asked. We both looked at Abby and she held her hands up in defence, and left us alone.

"I had an idea for our Music project" he told me. "It could be about heartbreak, because everyone has experienced that so it'll be easy to sing about"

Well, it's pretty hard to experience heartbreak when you've never had a boyfriend.

"Yeah. Good idea" I agreed.

"Cool. Okay I'll talk to you later, I gotta go" he added, before leaving in the opposite direction.

My next class was English, and for the first time ever the girl next to me, Josie, actually spoke to me.

"I saw you and Shawn at Tim's the other day" she said.

"Yeah?" I questioned. Why would she care about that?

"What are your intentions with him?" she snapped.

"No-nothing. We're friends" I told her.

"Yeah right. No girl is 'just friends' with Shawn" she spat.

"Look, I don't know what you want me to say here" I shrugged.

"Just stay away from Shawn. Okay? He's mine" she warned.

"Okay you literally sound so pathetic right now" I admitted.

"You've got some nerve saying that to me. Me and Shawn have been dating for a whole year now, you wait until I tell him you said that"

"Go ahead" I laughed.

"Just stay away. If I see you with him again, that'll be the end of you"

The class ended there, but my anger didn't. Why did she care that me and Shawn were friends? If they have such a good relationship then she should trust him.