21

A week passed.

I managed to tell my mom about what happened a few days ago. She understands, and is letting me stay off school for as long as I need. She wanted to press charges on Ben, but I don't want anyone to find out about it, so I'm not letting her.

Today is the day I'm going to go outside. I'm going to go to Shawn's house. I want- I need to talk to him about all of this. He doesn't know I'm going to his house today, but I'm hoping it's a nice surprise.

I showered (I've been doing a lot of that this week, to try and wash his imprints off of me) and got dressed. I put my hair in a bun, and then applied minimal makeup.

The air outside was refreshing. I missed that.

I made the short walk to Shawn's, and then knocked on the door lightly.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A woman asked, flashing me a big smile. I'm guessing it was Shawn's mom, and she seemed nice.

"Hi, i'm here to talk to Shawn" I told her.

"Okay, well he's in his bedroom if you want to go on up" she replied, opening the door wider for me to come in.

"Thank you" I smiled, entering the house.

I walked slowly up the stairs, thinking about what I'm going to say to him. But I was distracted by the music playing from his bedroom.

It was our song. The one for music class.

I took a deep breath, and knocked softly on his door.

"Come in" he sighed.

I opened the door slowly, and when it opened enough for me to see him, my heart sank.

He looked really sad.

His eyes were focussed on his guitar, but when I stayed silent, he raised them to meet mine.

"Maya" he gasped, throwing his guitar to the side and jumping up from his couch, to embrace me in a tight hug.

I hugged back. And for the first time in a while, I enjoyed the feeling of someone else touching me. It was so comforting.

"Oh my god I can't believe you're here!" he smirked, shaking his head. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm getting there" I half-smiled.

"Come, sit" he suggested softly, taking my hand and leading me to his couch. We sat beside each other, and I looked down at my hands in nervousness.

"So, how've you been?" he asked.

"Not good" I answered honestly. "But I don't really want to talk about that. How's school?"

"Well, I'm not gonna lie it's boring without you there" he chuckled.

"I miss it" I admitted. "I never thought I'd say that"

He let out a little laugh which made me feel happier.

"But everything's normal, same old school. Abby asked me where you have been but I told her you were sick. I hope you don't mind that I lied" he told me.

"Yeah I don't really want her to know. Or anyone else" I shrugged.

"Yeah I understand" he agreed. "Oh, something funny happened in gym class on Wednesday"

"What was it?" I asked, needing something to cheer me up.

"We were playing football, and Matt tripped over a rock and fell on Coach, taking him to the floor and landing on top of him" he explained, laughing at the same time.

I laughed really hard for the first time in ages, and it felt really good.

"So, I completely understand if you're not up for it, but this Friday is Halloween, and a bunch of us are going to a Haunted house, if you want to come?" he asked.

"Yeah, that sounds fun" I agreed, knowing I can't stay in my house all the time.

"Cool. So, do you wanna stay for dinner?" he asked.

"I wish I could. But I promised my mom I'd help her cook tonight. Some other time though?" I suggested, standing up from the couch and walking towards his bedroom door.

"Yeah, of course" he agreed.

"Okay. Thanks for everything. Bye Shawn" I waved, leaving with a smile.

•••• 2 hours later ••••

shawn
hey i wanna tell you something

maya
what is it?

shawn
you're amazing