47

Shawn's point of view:

I woke up and when I realised what day it was, I wanted to scream and cry into my pillow. Today, is the day that Maya leaves.

But, when I checked my phone and saw the text she sent me, I knew I had to change that. The words "I love you" we're repeating in my mind, and it made me realise that I loved her too much to let her go.

At around 8am, I saw her leave her house and go for a run. That was my cue to go and talk to her parents. I know it's risky, going behind her back, but this is the only chance I have to stop her leaving.

I knocked on the door, and her shocked mom answered it.

"Shawn? What're you doing here? Maya's not here" she told me.

"I know" I answered. "I'm here to talk to you and your Husband"

"Oh, well come on in" she smiled, opening the door wider for me.

I followed her into the living room, where Maya's Dad was sat.

"Shawn? How nice of you to drop by" he smiled.

"Hi, sir. I came to talk to you both" I told him.

"Go ahead" he nodded. I took a seat in between them both, and my nerves skyrocketed.

"I just wanted to say that I'm very happy your family is back together, I truly am. But I don't think this should mean that you have to go back to New York"

"Shawn-" Maya's mom interrupted.

"What I mean, is that I've seen how happy Maya is here. And I know Jake is too. So maybe you could buy a house here, so that you could all live here and make Canada your new home? Your family already live here, so you would be closer to them as-well and-"

"Shawn" her Dad interrupted. "I would like you to leave now"

A sudden sick feeling took over me, as I realised there was no hope in convincing them.

"I completely understand, thank you for your time" I nodded, before standing up and exiting the room.

"But-" I continued. "I genuinely believe that Maya and I could be together forever. You might find this stupid, but I love her so much I would do anything to stop you from leaving. That's why I came here today"

"Thank you, Shawn. That was very nice of you" her mom smiled.

I gave them one last pleading look, before I left the house and returned home. Now, I just have to wait for Maya to come over, and we can say the dreaded goodbye.