36

I woke up to the awful sound of my repetitive alarm, making my head pound as my anger grew.

Today was Sunday, which meant that I had to go to Shawn's to work on our project, so I was not looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, I still have uncontrollable feelings for Shawn, but he is just messing me around and I can't deal with it anymore. I need answers.

After around ten minutes of procrastinating and desperately trying to convince myself to get up, I managed to get out of bed.

I took a quick shower, got dressed, did my makeup and hair, and then left the house. I think I took about five minutes to just cross the street, because I kept convincing myself to turn back.

But after a long walk, I made it to his house. I then took a deep breath, before knocking lightly on the door.

"Maya! Lovely to see you" Mrs Mendes gasped as she opened the door.

"And you" I politely replied.

"Shawn's upstairs, you can just go on up" she told me, opening the door wider to let me in.

I then stepped into the house and flashed her a slight smile, "Thanks".

Walking up the staircase and getting closer to his bedroom gave me major flashbacks of the night he kissed me, and it caused immediate knots in my stomach. I really like this boy way too much.

"Shawn?" I quietly spoke, standing in his doorway. The door was wide open, but he didn't see me walk up, he was just laying on his bed and staring at the wall.

"Maya? What are you doing here?" he quickly responded, sitting up from his position.

"It's Sunday" I answered. But this only made him more confused, I could tel he had no clue what I was on about. "You asked me to come over to work on the music project-"

"Oh yeah" he interrupted. "Well- um... let's begin"

There was a lot of awkward tension filling the room, and I knew he could feel it too. But he wouldn't say anything.

"Here are all the lyrics, I finished it last night. I highlighted the parts I think you should sing, and then I wrote where we could sing together"

I began to read the lyrics, and let me just say they were beautiful:

***********

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop or slow it down

Hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

shawn & maya
Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone [2x]

When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone

When you fall asleep tonight just remember that we lay under the same stars

shawn & maya
And hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about

And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone [6x]

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
Never be alone.
You'll never be alone

**********

"So, what do you think?" he asked. "I mean I can change parts if you don't like it and-"

"No" I stopped him. "Shawn, this is perfect"

"R-really?" he gasped quietly, clearly shocked.

"Yeah" I assured him. I then looked up from the sheet of paper and we made eye contact for the first time today.

After a few seconds, he quickly broke it and looked away. "Uh- let's begin" he panicked.

He then stood up from the bed and walked over to his desk to grab his guitar, and I knew I had to say something. This was getting too awkward.

"So if we start with-"

"Shawn. We need to talk"