8

Music class. The class I'd been dreading since my 'talk' with Josie yesterday.

"Maya" Shawn said in a low tone as he approached me.

"Hey" I half-smiled.

"Look, we need to talk" he huffed.

"Yeah" I agreed.

"I just want to know why you said those things to Josie" he explained.

I looked up from my hands to make strong eye contact with him, and I shook my head in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding me" I spat.

"What are you complaining about? You were the one threatening her?" He argued.

"Threatening her? Are you serious?" I snapped.

"Maya, I don't want to argue with you I just want you to explain-"

"Explain what? That your paranoid girlfriend found out we were friends so she started to threaten me and-"

"Come on, I know that's not true" he interrupted.

"Believe what you want Shawn" I told him, before breaking the eye contact and standing up from my seat. I walked out of the class and shut the door behind me, and then left the school.

I was so confused. I'd literally just met Shawn five days ago but I hated that we were arguing. I thought I'd actually found a friend in him.

maya
i'm going home, and there's no way i'm going to that party tonight.

abby
what happened?

maya
come over to my house when school's over. i'll explain everything

abby
okay