12

As soon as my eyes began to open I felt an agonising pain in my head.

"Ouch" I complained.

"Good morning" A voice said.

I opened my eyes wider to realise I wasn't in my own bed, or even my own house. And the voice was coming from someone I'd never expect to be in the same bed as me.

"Shawn what-"

"Don't... get up" he interrupted. "You've got a massive hangover and if you try to move you'll regret it"

"Why... am I here?" I managed to say. My voice was so broken it hurt to speak.

"Here's a water. Hydrate" he told me, completely ignoring my question. I took the bottle from his hand and then he stood up from the bed, and left the room.

Confusion hit me hard. Why was I here? How did I get here? I could barely remember a thing from yesterday. The last thing I knew was that I was dancing with Abby and Ben and-

Wait. Ben. I was in his bedroom. How did I get from there to... Shawn's.

After around 10 minutes Shawn returned.

"Why am I here?" I repeated. But this time, with more anger. He couldn't ignore me any longer.

"Maya. Last night, you were drunk. Very drunk. There was no way you'd be able to make it home, so I took you with me. And I didn't think your mom would appreciate you going home in the state you were so I let you crash here" he explained.

"But... Wait. My mom. Oh god she's probably worried and-"

"I texted her from your phone, she thinks your having a sleepover at Abby's" he assured me.

"Shawn, I- Thank you" I smiled. He looked me in the eye for the first time, and gave me a slight smile back. But I still couldn't understand why he'd be so nice to me when we were arguing.

"I'll put Netflix on, you need to get some sleep" he added. "Oh and here's your phone by the way"

I grabbed my phone from Shawn and thanked him, and then saw I had a few text messages.

mom
have fun at Abby's, love you!

abby
call me. i need to know details

ben
thank you for a good night:)

Both Abby and Ben's messages confused me. I needed to understand what they meant.

maya
details of what?

abby
i saw you go upstairs with ben yesterday, spill!!

maya
i seriously don't know, i can't remember a thing.

abby
well, didn't he say anything to you this morning?

maya
i woke up in shawn's bed.

abby
what... the...

*********
maya
okay what happened yesterday?

ben
what do you mean?

maya
how did i get home? did we... do anything?

ben
woah you were proper drunk!! Well, no we didn't do anything. I let you crash in my bed. Then Shawn took you home when the party was over.

maya
well, thank you for looking after me

ben
anytime;) I had a really good time with you yesterday, we should do it again sometime.

maya
definitely!

ben
do you want to go out for dinner tomorrow?

maya
as in, a date?

ben
if you would like that:)

maya
i would

ben
i'll pick you up at 7