35

We had now been at the party for two hours, and Shawn never came back. He's been with Josie this whole time.

However, I've been with Jack the whole time and it's been a lot of fun. I've got to know him really well, and he is a genuinely amazing person to be around.

"Truth or dare in the basement!" a loud voice shouted over the music, causing a large crowd of teenagers to run out of the room.

"You wanna play?" Jack asked, beginning to walk in that direction.

"Sure" I lied, not wanting to be left alone.

We made our way to the basement, and it was hectic. There was no music down here, only the sound of a hundred people's voices shouting over each other.

I could see Shawn on the other side of the room with a few friends, and we made strong eye contact for brief second, before we got interrupted by Jack J.

"Seen as I'm the birthday boy" he slurred, beginning the game. "I get to pick the first dare"

The game went on for ages, with people ending up getting dared to kiss each other or strip naked, it was actually fun to watch.

That was, until I got involved.

"Jack G!" Jack J began. "I dare you.... to kiss the prettiest girl in the room"

A wave of laughter flooded the room from all of the guys, and all of the girls started to look at each other. I was expecting Jack to go straight over to the hot girls, but instead, he quickly turned his head and kissed me.

All of the guys started to cheer, and I was still in shock. I mean, I was flattered, but I didn't want to be kissing Jack. I only have eyes for Shawn.

After about ten seconds we both pulled away, and he kept looking into my eyes and smiling. I smiled in return, but was then interrupted by my phone buzzing.

shawn
i'm leaving now, if you still want a ride home, meet me outside.

"Jack, i've got to go. But, thank you for a great night" I told him, getting up from my seat.

"Okay, I'll see you soon Maya" he smiled, waving me off.

I managed to find my way out of the maze of a house, and I spotted Shawn's car outside. He was just sat there, staring out of the window, and he didn't notice me walk up.

"Hey" I bluntly greeted him as I slid into the car. He didn't turn to face me, he just began to drive.

The whole ride home was silent, and as soon as we arrived he got straight out of the car and walked into his home without saying a word.

What did I do now?