IV

Ryze saw the isolated building from afar. The building was huge, made of black brick, black steel and tinted windows. It looked like the headquarters of an evil genius.

Which it was.

He was stood on another mountain summit, looking down at the huge, rather ugly building, thinking what horrors the children in there was facing. It was as dark as night, with barely any light available. It was a good thing to - they needed the cover in darkness for their plan.

Him and other demonhunters had been there for a few minutes, since they didn't want to risk getting seen in the day. They didn't know what the landscape or the building would like, so there was no plan of action.

Next to him, a female by the name of Azula was whispering to herself.

"Only one road there, so he doesn't have much of an escape, but the road isn't wide so we can launch a full scale attack. Maybe he even has an escape tunnel out of there? I doubt it. Hmm, it looks like we can infiltrate it - the yard is pretty big with a lot of buildings and not many guards I can see from here," she muttered as Ryze strode over to her.

"What are you whispering to yourself?" He asked her, as she adjusted the vambraces of her armour - she chose to wear full armour most of the time, that was primarily black as midnight with a little scarlet plating, with golden highlights on her shoulder guards and breastplate. From her breastplate, a black cloak extended down to her heels and this also had a golden outline. She possessed a small cape that started from her neckguard and stopped at her hip, also giving her a dark veil she could hide her scarlet red hair with. She looked pretty fierce and regal, and that was before the enchantment on the armour that put fear into her enemies on the battlefield. A good deal of her allies were scared of her as well!

"None of your business," she scoffed at him. Her voice was formal and powerful, and she held herself in a regal and warrior like manner. Her red eyes were clearly visible in the night and her black armour allowed her some sort of camouflage in the darkness. "My trident is ready to fight," she said, unsheathing her 6 foot blue spear that ended in three prongs. The handle was beautifully decorated with cyan designs and each of its prongs was ice white in colour, and half a foot in length with a jagged edge that could be used to pierce or cut. She had named it Tsukuyomi.

"Calm down, scary," Ryze joked. "Plan of attack?"

"Hit hard and hit fast," she replied. "We need a stealth team to infiltrate and cause panic, before the main force breaks through their resistance and delivers the killing blow."

"And the kids we're meant to save? And the insanely powerful evil genius that will do everything in his power to stop us from getting them?" Ryze countered.

Azula scoffed. "I thought you were going to handle those parts of the plan? You want revenge for what Berial did your family, don't you?"

"Don't remind me," Ryze said sadly. He painfully remembered his older sister dying against that monster. He didn't do a good at job hiding it - his power spiked up and black and red energy started surrounding his body. He hid it quickly, but Azula had already seen it.

"That was strange," Azula commentated. "When your powers manifest, they are blue."

"I... I don't know," Ryze shrugged. Azula eyed him, but didn't press him further, sensing he would tell her in his own time anyway.

"Make sure you don't kill him instantly. Make him suffer," Azula moved on, her voice as cold as ice.

"I don't know. The children are the priority, not him. I can't believe twelve kids are able to survive in their, with that injected into their blood stuff." Ryze shook his head. It wasn't right - they should be dead.