Chapter 3: Aquarius

Above is the demonhunter Capricorn and Aries saw!

"What are we doing here?" Aquarius asked, surprised. Her and her friend/partner Scorpio had just walked into a strip club, in a city called Solas. It was famed for its casinos, strip clubs, partying and just about anything borderline illegal.

"I need to see someone, or rather, something," Scorpio curtly replied. She was a bit gruff and rough round the edges, but Aquarius liked her - she didn't beat around the bush and she was usually friendly.

She was also a damn good swordsman.

"Scorpio, what do you need to see?" Aquarius asked innocently, subtly trying to hint at some of the half naked girls dancing in pedestals. If Scorpio was into girls, it'd be a surprise. Aquarius thought Scorpio wasn't into anyone.

"There may be a demon here," Scorpio said. "I did not come to look at naked females."

"There can be naked males, if you look around enough," Aquarius quipped. Scorpio turned to her with a bored face and Aquarius sheepishly grinned back. "Right, sorry, action time. Time to slay demons and stuff. The only problem is, you're not allowed to draw any weapons  or you're getting kicked out," Aquarius said.

"I shall find a way," Scorpio replied. "Besides, I've just found it," she motioned to a bartender. He was currently pouring drinks for a couple of clearly already drunk males.

"How do you know he even is a demon?" Aquarius asked. She had certainly never seen the bartender before and she had no clue as to what signs to look out for.

"Remember two weeks ago, when we were caught in Evelyn's trap? Well, he was part of the entourage. He transformed into his demon state and back again, then took off. He was wearing that uniform of his back then."

Aquarius shuddered. She didn't want to remember two weeks ago - around ten demons versus the two of them. They fought in the marsh too and their clothes had been ruined - they had to walk for a day to get to a river and then wait there for another entire day for their clothes to properly get cleaned and dried off! They barely escaped and Aquarius's sword had broken. She had stolen one from a wannabe knight when he wasn't looking, as he tried to hit on Scorpio.

"Okay, so he tells us where Evelyn is, he dies and then we get to go home?" Aquarius asked. Scorpio nodded.

Aquarius thanked her lucky stars. She missed their cosy home on the outskirts of Giza, where people came and usually offered them small jobs. Their current job was a huge and tough task, though the payout was also huge. The worst part was when they had to go looking for jobs - they would spend days, sometimes even weeks, trying to find a demon to hunt and someone to pay them for it.

"So, how do we play this?" Aquarius asked, as the man carried pouring drinks. She had no idea what plan Scorpio would cone up with. Whatever it was, her plans usually tended to pan out.

"We obviously trap him," Scorpio said. Aquarius wondered how they would do that. It would be hard cornering him alone, especially if they couldn't lure him with bait...

"But, how about we seduce him? With a stripper?" Aquarius had a mischievous grin.

"How would that work? He knows our faces." Scorpio raised an eyebrow, listening intently for Aqua's response.

"We befriend a stripper and ask the guy for a foursome. The two of us are waiting in a private room, the stripper takes the extra guy away and we question the fucker and don't kill him... instantly."

Scorpio approved. "Seems like it could work. I'll recruit the female for our cause, you handle the male."

"Fine," Aquarius sighed. Which idiot would she have to wrap around her finger today?