Chapter 38: Capricorn

"Faster, faster," Capricorn urged to her horse, as she galloped towards Scorpio and Aquarius. Her gut feeling told her that they had begun to fight as Libra and her barrelled down the path. She didn't know why, but she could feel the tremors that the wyvern was generating, as well as the small quakes in the ground.

They had then both heard it's terrifying cry and knew they couldn't be a moment too late.

Capricorn looked at her palm and wondered about using the blade - surely it would be a good thing if it helped them to kill the wyvern? She had gotten a bad feeling from the man though, so she decided to only use it as a last resort. After all, if she didn't need it, there was no point using it.

"How long do you think it'll take us to get there?" Libra asked, as their horses ran on the stone path that led downwards towards the cave.

"About fifteen seconds," Capricorn replied, as they turned a corner, seeing level ground some distance away. The cries from the wyvern was also getting louder and louder, and Capricorn hoped they would be cured of agony, not rage...

Their horses came to a halt a few yards before the ground levelled and they burst onto the scene, seeing Scorpio and Aquarius both readying their blades and determined faces eyeing the demon, who was floating just in front of an entrance to a cave.

"Woah," Libra gulped, as she saw the wyvern.

Capricorn had to admit, it did look magnificent. And terrifying. And terror inspiring. Did she mention terrifying?

It's main side came from it's gigantic wings - it possessed four of them that enabled it to fly, and though it's body wasn't as big as she expected, it was still large, lithe, with a razor sharp teeth and a long, spiked tail. It also had blue lightning crackling all around it, so Capricorn reasoned there was around four hundred ways it might have killed her.

She concentrated for a second and caused a small tornando to appear in her location. Libra raised her hands towards her, and the tornado became much bigger. Libra's magic could bless an ally, making them much more powerful.

"Take this!" Capricorn yelled, as she hurled the tornado towards the wyvern. It turned around in the air and tired flying above it, but was caught and sucked into the middle of it.

It's sings were so large that they could be see clearly coming from within the tornado, but Capricorn thought she had done signifaft damage to it. Not many things survived the inside of a tornado, where it was basically high pressure air and storms coming from all angles.

She was shocked, when the wyvern burst forth through the top of tornado, shrieking in anger.

"Pestilent child!" It screeched. It's wings best powerfully and numerous lighting bolts protruded from them and were thrown at Capricorn, who quickly used an earthquake to unlevel the ground in front of her and act as sort of shield.

The lightning blasted the ground to bits, but she was fine... for now.

"Good thinking," Libra commented, readying the spear form of Ascalon.

She threw it with great force at the wyvern, as Aquarius flew in the air and caused the the very wind to attack the wyvern to no avail.

Ascalon flew beyond her and landed in the stomach on the wyvern. Yellow lightning cracked from Ascalon, yet the demon as unfazed. However, as Ascalon focused the wyvern, it cried out in clear pain, it's vermilion eyes narrowing at Libra.

Scorpio took the opportunity and attacked numerous waves of water.

"I really should have brought a bow and arrow," Capricorn heard her mutter and Capricorn was surprised - it wasn't often Scorpio made any sort of mistake!