Chapter 27: Aries

"And you are?" A man in silver armour said. His armour was much grander than all the others around him - it had blue and white accents, and was seemed more skintight with more curves than jagged edges like the standard armour of the guards. He was very large in size and towered above Aries and possessed a spear that was strapped to his back and a large shield. The man's helmet was off and so Aries could see his curly blonde hair, melancholy blue eyes and insane handlebar moustache. Aries noticed he had slight wrinkles and a few gray hairs, so guessed he was coming to the end of his career.

"Demonhunters. You?" Aries raised an eyebrow at him.

The man looked flustered. As if a kid like Aries shouldn't be talking to someone like him like that. "I'm the one asking the questions here!"

"For an old timer, he sure is jumpy," the navy haired boy said. Aries had heard his name was Gemini.

"Don't call me old, boy," the man glared at him. Gemini raised his hands in apology and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, sorry," he quickly said. The straw haired boy next to him with the cool, calm and collected demeanour rolled his eyes.

"As you can see, sir, Lysandre was a demon. And we're demonhunters. And so... it's our job to hunt demons. So we hunted him..." The white haired boy tried to explain. His confidence also left a lot to be desired.

"The lad's right, you can see the proof right there, Lysandre got black blood and is halfway into his demon form."

"But Lysandre is a Royal Knight!" The knight cried. "How could he have been a demon?"

Aries shrugged. "Ask him."

Capricorn lightly punched his arm. "Your sarcasm isn't helping."

"I wasn't trying to help anyone?" Aries raised an eyebrow at her. Capricorn sighed at him.

"Do you need to bring us in for questioning?" Azula asked. "I understand you're busy with criminals, but I assure you we will be as co-operative as we can."

"We are?" Leo asked, sighing. "But I hate the fuzz!"

"You're the demon police, how could you?" 
Aquarius shook her head in disbelief. Aries noticed that with Scorpio she was very open and even cracked a few jokes, but with the rest of them become more cold and emotionless, as if something was blocking her from becoming friendly with them.

"So, officer, Mr knight, how long do you intend to hold us. We have a very important  hunt to conduct and our target could be killing innocent people as we speak!" The girl called Sagittarius said urgently. The knight was instantly taken aback.

"Seriously?" The knight looked around at them all, and didn't seem to fully believe her. "But you're all kids..."

"Extremely powerful ones. And besides, it's like someone calling you old. You are, but you still kick arse, don't you?" Sagittarius asked him. Aries also thought she was extremely pretty, with her beautiful silver hair and stormy grey eyes. Although, she was a little too excitable for his liking.

"I guess you're right. But Lysandre... he was such a valuable asset and our greatest swordsman. How could... how long was he...?" The knight trailed off. Aries couldn't really understand what be was going through but he felt bad for him all the same.

Another knight came over to him, but instead of armour he wore white and blue robes. He whispered something in the knights ear, and then the knight addressed them all. "I guess, you're all free to go. The body has been inspected and he was clearly a demon. I can't understand how no one knew for so long and you all just showed up out of the blue..."