Chapter 25: Aries

Aries wasn't the biggest fan of Leo. He was cocky, funny, arrogant, and damn, did he have good hair.

Those were all qualities only Aries was supposed to possess!

Saying that, he liked Leo much more after he saved his life.

"You okay?" Leo asked, blocking the trident  by lodging one of his swords between two of the prongs.

Aries had been caught by surprise and as the guard or whoever struck, he had stumbled, but Leo had quickly parried the blow.

"I'm fine," Aries scowled. He was grateful Leo saved his life, but there was no way he was going to be openly happy about it.

"Dual blades? Impressive," the woman standing opposite Leo said in a sort of respectful yet, begrudging kind of way. She possessed crimson red hair, as well as red eyes that lit up in the darkness. Her armour was light, yet as black as midnight with grey designs and even though she looked like some sort of devil demon warrior queen, Aries didn't sense any sort of evil coming from her and he also had a strange sensation that he knew her from somewhere.

Accompanying her was also three other people that looked around Aries's age. He didn't know how to feel about them - they were all drop-dead gorgeous in their own way, but two of them looked like they wanted to kill him and the third looked pretty fearful herself.

"Leo, you going to need some help?" Capricorn asked, helping Aries to his feet, before standing beside him. As much as Aries hated to admit it, it seemed like she had some sort of crush on Leo too.

That was another reason to dislike Leo.

"Step aside and watch," Leo grinned, charging at the woman with the trident. The three girls behind her looked shocked as he engaged head on.

"Stay back! He's mine," the woman said, eyeing Leo.

"I thought he was smart..." Aries heard Cap mutter.

"Well, not really. Let's just hope he doesn't lose, since we're next," Aries drew his blade. The three girls hadn't decided to charge at Leo and they were eyeing him to see if he would help.

Right now it was a one vs one, but if the reinforcements decided to join they would be outnumbered.

Leo parried a blow, and rolled out of the way of a front kick. He slashed with one of his swords, yet she was out of range of his strike. Her trident was powerful, yet slow, while Leo's two swords were weaker and faster, but much more short ranged. He'd have to find a way through her defences before he could land any sort of blow.

"You ready to help him?" Aries asked.

"How are we going to when three of them are on her side? Mind you, they don't look like much."

"My thoughts exactly," Aries smiled. He had been doing some intense training - swordplay and how to control his energy avatar and he was feeling excited to use it.

Aries noticed Leo perfectly dodging a lunge that was a feint, into a wide slash in an arc. He rolled right next to the woman, and as she tried to backstep, he slightly caught her in the stomach, however left himself to exposed and so she forced him to retreat a few steps with her trident.

"Lucky shot," the woman grimaced. She knew it wasn't luck at all. And as much as Aries hated to admit it, Leo had skill.

"Sorry, but you're just gonna have to lose. I don't like demons or at the very least, slaves of demons, very much."

"I should be the one saying that!" One of the girls behind the woman said. She possessed short, blonde hair with piercing green eyes and a sword and shield. Her mouth seemed to be in a permanent frown.