Chapter 28: Aries

"Woah," was all Aries could muster. The castle that Ryze lived in was huge, and standing in the courtyard, looking around, Aries felt like a dwarf. There was a water fountain in the middle of the courtyard, with numerous activities going on all around it - demonhunters training with dummies, sparring, or doing physical activity. The stone floor possessed colourful mosaics of weapons and angels, while the actual castle looked formidable in itself with its dark colouring and huge double wooden doors that were accented with gold and handles that resembled swords. The design on the door was that of a golden angel, with half the angel one side and the other half on the other.

"This isn't even the main part yet," Leo laughed, leading the way.

"This place is awesome," an awestruck Gemini said. He had barely spoke since they stepped foot in the castle and it was nice to know that he could shut up once in a while.

The inside was just as amazing as the outside - the main hall had golden statues of warrior adorning each side of it, with an emphasis on the colours of gold and white, making it seem more elegant and graceful on the inside, rather than the intimdating impression it gave from the outside. 

"So, where's Ryze?" Scorpio asked. "I'm assuming he wants to speak to us?"

Azula and Nyx nodded. "Ryze is probably... who knows what that guy could be doing?" Nyx shook her head with a smile. "Point is, he's the one who wanted you to come, so he could explain to you about your past and what perils the future holds for you."

Aries suddenly wasn't the happiest person about being there.

"Oh great, peril," Taurus rolled his eyes. "That's something I'm going to be looking forward too."

"I'm sure we'll be able to pull through, guys," Pisces tried to lighten the mood, but it didn't really work.

"Of course we will! Why shouldn't we? We're the strongest damn demonhunters the world will ever see!" Leo rallied.

"Okay, Mr Best in the World, let's speak to Ryze first," Sag smirked, walking past and following Azula.

"Best in the world, I like the sound of that," Leo grinned, following suit.

"Yeah, well, try not to die first," Gemini ran over to Leo and patted him on his back. Aries walked with Capricorn, at the back of the group. He was still amazed this would be their new home, where they would train to fight demonspawn.

"Dad'd be proud of you," Capricorn said, not looking at him. Yeah, right, proud that I'm not a total fuck up like he expected, Aries thought. Aries also couldn't help but detect a little sadness in her voice.

"You're saying that because...?" He looked over at her and saw that maybe a tear was welling up. Aries was so shocked, he stopped walking. 

Cap, doesn't cry. She never cries, he thought. He noticed a door and tried opening it. It opened without a problem and he dragged Cap inside by the arm.

The room was just a small storage room, but had two chairs which they sat in.

"What's up with you?" He asked her, an eyebrow raised. Cap had always been the strong one, as much as Aries had told everyone around it was him. When they were children, everytime something was wrong, she had a plan, she would tell him not to worry, that everything would be alright and she would be strong for him and let him cry, but wouldn't herself.

So why cry now?

"Dad would be happy for you. His son has become a demonhunter and that's basically an upgrade to a knight," she said. "But me... how could... his daughter, the one who was meant to grow up and marry a scholar or something, be something like a demonhunter, where she would dishonour the family name? He's never wanted me practising with a sword for fear of reputation, imagine what he's going to do when he finds out I'm killing demons with one."