Chapter 42: Cancer

They got near to the entrance of the cave and peered outside, seeing the dragon for the first time.

Dark, crimson eyes seemed to stare dreadfully at Cancer, from within the creature's large, angular head, with three enormous horns that sat atop its head, just above its cat-like ears, with a horn each above each eye and a row of crystal grew down the sides of each of its jaw lines and lava dripping from its mouth. Several rows of razor-sharp, black teeth were clearly seen poking out from the side of its mouth, as they showed a glimpse of the terror that was hiding inside. It's body was as black as midnight, with red fire-like colouration prevalent all around it's body. The top of its body was covered in large, black spikes, with scales and rows of thick armor plating running down its spine. Humongous wings grew out starting from its shoulders and ended at the middle of it's back, it's wingspan easily the size of three of the Zodiacs lying horizontally. The wings were curved, with the insides of the wings made of thin crystals and sharp, spiky scales cover the top of each visible bone. Its long tail, the size of a very large python, ended in a sword-like edge and was covered in the same armour like plating as its body.

It was prancing around, as if excited about something

It was prancing around, as if excited about something. After a few seconds, it looked towards the cave and narrowed it's crimson eyes and it's mouth was slightly open, showing it's jagged teeth. It seemed to be licking its lips, which had fresh blood on them, meaning it had been hunting as Capricorn had predicted.

"The plan is, get that thing to safety and you guys get the hell out of here. I was the first one to agree with his plan, so it's fair in the one who gets left behind to deal with the dragon," Leo said, taking a deep breath. Cancer couldn't believe what he was saying - he really didn't see a way out of this with all of them alive? He was usually most optimistic, but now it looked as if he was ready to throw his life away.

"I'm not letting you do that," Scorpio instantly said, as the dragon began slowly approaching them. Cancer sincerely hoped it hadn't seen them yet, she wanted a few more minutes of life.

"Neither am I. We all said yes, we all came here," Taurus also said. "Besides, the dragon just ate. It might not be hungry."

"Yeah, right," Gemini sighed. "In any case, we aren't going to leave you behind, even if you did drag us into this mess," he smirked.

"Well, what do you guys suggest?" Leo asked. "We won't be able to beat that thing and get back to the human world in time."

"Maybe we can use the dragon to our advantage..." Virgo suggested, looking like he was formulating some sort of plan.

"How so? Ask it nicely? 'Mr Dragon, so terribly to interupt your evening, but please allow us to ride onto your back, so we can quickly get to the rendezvous point and go back to the human world on time?'" Gemini mocked.

"Not a terrible idea," Capricorn said. "But, I guess, I do kinda see what you're talking about."

"Will you two braniacs tell us what the hell you're on about already? The dragon is really fucking close," Aries pointed to the dragon, as it was just a few steps away.