Chapter 16: Leo

First of all, happy new years!
Secondly, hope you enjoy this chapter.

"Is this where we part?" Cecilia asked Leo. Even though she was no demonhunter, she was a good companion and she loved the human boy (whom she had named Leon) as if he were her own.

He never usually got attached to clients, but Cecialia was more than that now. She was a friend and she had brightened his mood for the week they were on the road together.

"Yes, it is," Leo replied sadly. They had gotten into Sleymon and while Hestia and Lance got settled into the inn, Leo helped Cecilia find her family.

She had found her sister, but hadn't told her about how her husband had been a demon, just that he had unfortunately died. They were both stood outside her home saying their goodbyes.

"Will I ever see you again?"

Leo firmly nodded. He would make sure he wouldn't abandon her. "I promise. I'm at Sleymon for a couple of days, so I'll drop by a couple times. Besides, I need to visit my godson," Leo shrugged. Leon was currently in a pram, awake, his eyes flitting around and he played by moving his arms about.

"Thank you," Cecilia hugged him. Leo hugged her back.

"Here," he said, handing a pouch of stolen goblin accessories and jewellery. They wouldn't be needing it.

She opened the bag and gasped. "I can't - "

"You can and you will. And if anyone gives you any sort of trouble, you find me and I'll make sure they pay."

"Goodbye, Leo."

"See you later, Cecilia," he said, turning around and walking away. He would make sure he didn't forget about them, which is why he then headed to a jeweller and crafted a  golden bracelet with their names weaved on it.

The bracelet was fine work and was two lines of gold, with Cecilia written in between them, then with a couple of designs and Leon on the opposite side. It also fit perfectly.

"Thank you," Leo said to the man, handing him some money. He payed extra since he had asked for something unique and crafted immediately. The jeweller had done the job in half a day, which was a credit to him.

"My pleasure, sir," he replied. His store was very nice and modest, for someone who was able to do such fine work.

Leo left and headed back towards the inn to get Helia and Lance.

They needed to find the demonhunter called Ryze, so he figured he would start at the sword shops and blacksmiths. Demonhunters did need swords, after all.

He got back to the inn quick enough and entered the welcoming place. Inside it was lit with beautiful chandeliers and alive with hearty men and women singing from time to time. The bartender waved at him as he entered and he gave a nod back.

He headed up to Helia's room and saw her getting ready to shower.

"Right now?" He asked.

"Why? What's up?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I want to find Ryze," Leo said.

"I'll just be half an hour. Not too long," she waved a hand dismissively towards him. Leo sighed but nodded.

"Hurry up," he said, turning around leaving her room.

"Nice bracelet by the way," she called as he left. Leo smiled softly as he shut the door behind him. Of course she was going to notice.