Chapter 21: Virgo

Above are the demons Virgo, Cancer, Libra, Gemini, Sagittarius, Azula and Nyx are fighting!

Virgo, Scorpio, Aquarius, Azula and Nyx raced towards the demon. They also made as much noise as possible so the two demons would focus on them.

"Me, Scorpio and Aquarius will take ugly on the right," Nyx said, raising her spear and charging at the demon.

Scorpio and Aquarius nodded, following her as she went towards the manticore on the right.

"That leaves me and you the sphinx," Azula said. "How good are you with that sword?"

"Hopefully good enough to live," Virgo grinned a little. "Lets finish it quickly."

Azula nodded in agreement and as they were ten feet away from the demon, she thrust her trident into the ground causing ice to erupt and head towards the demon. The wave of ice was at least double Virgo's height and much wider in width, yet the sphinx remained calm.

It nimbly dodged, and gave a shrill laugh. Virgo raised his sword and charged at its leg, and it seemed to start laughing at him, giving him a sly smile as if it was taunting and goading him to attack.

Let's do this, Virgo thought dodging a swipe of its claws, and trying to put his sword in its foot. It moved out of the way and laughed again.

"Dear Virgo," it spoke in a seductive and charming voice. "You know you don't have what it takes. Why be a demonhunter? You have no reason, do you?" It asked. "If you kill me, the details of your past will never be revealed. Walk away."

Virgo felt his arm lowering and his sword slipping from his hand, but he held firm. It was just messing with him! All it was saying was lies!

He shook his head and the sphinx struck, sending him flying with one of its huge paws.

Virgo landed with a thud as Azula engaged the demon. "Fuck!" He cursed, as the sphinx took off into the air and fell back to the ground causing a shockwaves that shattered Azula's shield of ice. She didn't look fazed.

Elsewhere, Nyx and the other seemed to be also struggling. The poisonous quills of the manticore was forcing them to remain on the defensive and Nyx was using most of her energy to keep the two girls safe.

Virgo lashed out of the air with his sword and charged again at the sphinx. He had to kill it quickly, so he could help the others!

Virgo stopped in his tracks as he hears the sphinx speak to him again.

"Virgo, Virgo, Virgo. You know you're a failure. Your parents abandoned you after all. What makes you think you'll be any more than that?"

Virgo didn't even hear what Azula yelled. All he could think about was how the sphinx was right.

"Gemini has never learnt how to use a sword, has he?" The sphinx continued as it fought with Azula. "You could have taught him, but you didn't because you wanted to feel so strong and special." The sphinx laughed emotionlessly. "When he dies, who's fault will it be?"

Virgo fell to his knees. He dropped his sword and his face was parallel to the ground, a defeated look etched upon it.

Everything the sphinx was saying was true! He was a failure, a bad friend and if Gemini did die it would be his fault!

He looked at his right palm and saw how badly it was shaking. A demonhunter who was so scared, his whole body was trembling in fear.

"Virgo, look out!" Virgo turned to look at Gemini who had screamed at him, before looking in the direction he pointed at.