Chapter 8: Scorpio

"There she is," Aquarius said, as her and Scorpio entered the brothel. She pointed to a stripper who was serving tables to numerous guys. They stared at her practically naked body, some even daring to slap her buttocks.

Scorpio detested them.

"She seems to enjoy these wretches," she muttered. She trusted Aquarius and her plan, but she didn't know if she would trust this Eve.

"Scorpio, let me speak to her. You'll just intimidate her," Aquarius said, heading over to speak to the girl.

Scorpio looked around for the disguised demon. Maybe he would still be working? Or was he on the streets, looking for his next victim?

Scorpio clenched her fists. After demons killed her family, she promised that none would ever live. She herself would make them cease to exist.

She found the demon - his chocolate coloured skin and piercing green eyes. He wasn't at the counter, but walking around, inspecting the girls.

"Scorpio?" Scorpio turned to look at the voice and saw Aquarius with the stripper.

"She on board?" Scorpio asked. Aquarius nodded.

"C'mon, I want to show you something," Eve said, leading them away. Scorpio was skeptical, but allowed herself to follow, a hand near the hilt of her blade - just in case.

They went to the corner of the brothel, where there weren't as much people, and not as much eyes. All three of them got stares, but Scorpio made the men look away with her death glares.

They sat down in the comfy seats - they were as long as sofas and dark in colour.

"Well?" Scorpio asked, as Eve smiled and her skin began to flicker. Scorpio's eyes widened and she instantly put a hand on her sword. She's a demon!? But, why reveal herself in this corner, with limited mobility and in plain sight? Scorpio thought, bemused. It didn't make sense.

Aquarius was just as surprised. Yet, she also had a hand on her sword, as Eve's skin glimmered and her form changed. A black halo had appeared above her head and it moved down, changing her appearance as it did so. Her hair became purple, then her eyes turned bright orange, until her full body changed. She wore the same clothes, but it was as if a completely different person was sat there.

She now looked older, around late twenties. Scorpio believed she could have passed for younger, though. Her skin colour was also slightly darker skin, as if she was from a sunny country, her face narrow with dark freckles and high cheekbones. Her figure got even more voluptuous, with a beautiful hourglass figure, her arms toned with a little muscle definition. Scorpio also noticed the head of a wolf drawn on her right shoulder.

"That's not a demon form," Scorpio said, not relaxing her hand. Who knew what trickery this was.

"That's because I'm not a demon," said the beautiful woman who sat before them.

"Then what are you?" Aquarius asked. She looked as distrustful as Scorpio and Scorpio noticed her hand was still on her sword. Good, she's not gullible anymore, Scorpio thought, remembering a time when Aquarius was very naive and innocent and how it nearly cost her her life.

"I'm a demonhunter, but unlike you, I'm a real demonhunter," she said. "My name's Nyx."

"What do you mean, you're a real demonhunter?" Scorpio demanded. She reckoned she was as strong as any of them, even if she hadn't received any training.

"Where's your emblems?" Nyx asked.

Aquarius and Scorpio looked at each other confused. "What emblems?" They asked.