Chapter 2: Capricorn

"You lose, again," Capricorn smiled at her butler, Regan, a middle aged man who wore a suit with dark hair and a kind smile.

"I did indeed, Lady Capricorn," he smiled back, with a posh, yet kind voice. He always remained gracious, even in defeat - she had beat him at chess for the fifth time that day, yet honestly, they both enjoyed each other's presence more than the game itself.

It was also nice to win, obviously.

"So, Regan, where's my sweet twin brother?" Capricorn asked. No doubt Aries was getting himself in trouble by fighting with boys or gambling big money on petty things. She knew Regan cared about them, so he would most definitely have tabs on him. Even though she knew he could take care of himself, it didn't stop her from worrying about the little idiot.

"Currently, the Master is outside with some of his friends. I believe they are trying to get into a bar, since I made sure they weren't to be anywhere near the country club," Regan replied, resetting the board. "Although, Crawford just told me he was spotted down the street. Maybe he is coming home for dinner?"

Capricorn looked out of the window and saw that it was getting dark out, the sunset visible from the large window she was looking out of. Aries usually came back long after the sun went down, so something must have happened for him to come back early, Capricorn reasoned.

Capricorn averted her gaze from the window and cursed. Regan looked at her, eyebrows furrowed. He wasn't a fan of curses. 'It is unbecoming of a Lady,' he said.

"Anything the problem, my Lady?" He asked.

"Yes, the seam of my dress is coming off," She replied. She had many clothes, but her favourite attire was her blue dress, with the black stockings. She also had blue gloves that stretched all the way up to her upper arm. She also wore a green necklace, that was shown just above her cleavage.

"I shall alert Madame Madelaine and have her deliver a new dress for you, personally. Would you prefer the same, or perhaps something new?"

"The same, please." Regan nodded, and stood up to get the message to Madame Madelaine.

"I shall return and we shall start a new game. Maybe I'll win one," he smiled at her. He bowed and left, leaving Capricorn to sit alone in the empty room.

She picked up a glass of expensive champagne - Dubois - from the table next to the chess board and drank a large portion of it. She had the champagne bottle next to it, so a refill wasn't a problem. The issue was, why Aries was coming back early, if he was at all.

To answer her question, her brother burst through the days, stopping a few feet away from Capricorn, hunching over panting heavily to get his breath back.

"Hello to you to," Capricorn dryly greeted him.

"Not a joke, guess what!?" Aries panted, still hunched over.

"I don't really want to answer, but I assume your going to tell me anyway?" She saw Aries roll her eyes.

"You know what, fuck you." Capricorn shrugged, that was usually one of the nicer things he said. "And let me tell you what, a demonhunter is in town."

Capricorn scoffed. "Nice joke, Aries. Try again." Aries looked astounded, genuinely astounded. Capricorn narrowed her eyes at him. "You're not... you're not serious, are you?" She looked at his chin - when he lied he bit his tongue and his lips and chin protruded outwards as result. He wasn't biting his tongue and many different thoughts beginning to rave through her head. There was no way a demonhunter had come to a city like Xidon for no reason...

Unless, of course, there was a demon. "Of course I'm serious!" Aries snapped, causing Capricorn to lose focus from the plan forming in her head.

"Well, how do you know this person is a demonhunter?" Capricorn asked. They didn't usually stand out to a crowd, and most people seeked a demonhunter out, not the other way around. Or at least, that's what she had heard from her dear father.