Chapter 9: Aries

So, instead of doing a fun fact at the end of every chapter like I do in my High School Zodiacs book, I thought I'll do a chapter of something like ten facts relating to the characters in this story, every ten chapters or so. Let me know what you think 😊 I also changed Aquarius's face claim.

"You're... the demonhunter..." Aries managed to say.

The three of them had left Masamune's shop and were at a nearby ice cream parlour, sat in comfy chairs on a circular table outside, with the sun out and the sky as blue as it had ever been.

The demonhunter looked like a traveller, with a small bag, a scabbard for his sword, yet his clothing was much more than the everyday rags. Although slightly dirty and battered, his clothing was durable and resilient, looking rather well for someone who hunted demons on a regular basis. He possessed a long, purple jacket that matched the colour of his eyes, paired with a dark shirt that was torn at the edges, and a silver belt that held dark coloured pants, completed with boots. Aries noticed there were a few cuts and scorch marks on various parts his attire.

"How'd you figure that one out?" The man replied, raising an eyebrow. He had been the one to take them out for the ice cream, as he had felt sorry for what happened to Capricorn.

"Thanks for saving my life, again," she said graciously, staring at him in awe.

"Don't worry about it. It's better that I met you like this anyway," he shrugged. Aries noticed that he was very laid back and chill. He had heard most demonhunters were emotionless and selfish, so this was a nice surprise.

"What do you mean, meet us like this?" Capricorn asked.

"Obviously he's heard about how strong I am. And he's come to challenge me to a duel!" Aries declared. Capricorn facepalmed, but the demonhunter grinned.

"I'm guessing you're Aries, then," he said. Aries nodded. How did this demonhunter know his name? Was he actually famous?

"Aries, you're not actually famous. Stop with the wide-eyed idiotic grin," Capricorn said. Aries ignored her.

He might actually be known throughout the lands. Yet, he didn't know why. He hadn't done anything too extraordinary yet.

"I want you to know, that both of you were born with the blood of angels, making you eligible to become demonhunters. If you want, you can come with me and leave this place behind. I know the riches are nice, but being a demonhunter is pretty cool," the demonhunter explained.

"What!?" They both replied simultaneously. Some people looked over at them, but their interest was quickly lost.

"That's the main reason why I came. To seen if you wanted to join. The second reason was because there's a demon here I need to kill," he continued, as laid back as ever.

Aries couldn't believe it. He had always believed he had been destined for greatness. Being a demonhunter was always one of his favourite dreams too! Leaving behind their city also wouldn't be too hard - he only had social friends, his riches were nice but he didn't really care about wealth and his family weren't the best, apart from his mother.

"I... I don't know," Capricorn said.

"I do! I want to come with you," Aries said, without hesitance.

"Aries! But... what about mum? And our friends? And college? And..." Aries knew she wanted to say money. Capricorn loved the wealth.

"Apart from my mum, I can leave it all behind! I love mum, but I think she'd understand... besides, I can make a lot of money as a demonhunter," he slyly smirked, hinting at Capricorn's vice.