The Past and New Beginnings

Over the course of a week there was serious talk about the Blackwater heist. Arthur, John and Hosea rode down to feel it out and to take a few pictures - they came back with good news, although Arthur was reluctant to give the information to Dutch. Hosea encouraged him otherwise.

Apparently it was easier to rob the ferry if they posed as the rich bastards they'd be robbing. They would never suspect anything. Dutch thought it was a great idea, and put Hosea in charge of getting things in order, while they waited for the word.

Arthur was still conflicted about the heist, something was gnawing at him since Dutch told them all about it. Maybe his conscience was finally catching up to him?

He walked into his tent and saw Lorna sitting on the edge of his bed, reading over a letter with such concentration, that she hadnt even noticed him. He walked up to her and snapped his fingers, she jumped and clutched her chest.

"Oh!"

"Somethin' wrong there princess?" He took a seat beside her.

"Go ahead and read it." She motioned to the letter on the table.

Arthur reached across the empty space and grabbed the piece of paper off the table.

Dearest Lorna,

Thomas has informed us of your desertion, it is quite ashame that you left such a fine young man. He is crushed. We all are.

We've heard about your involvement with the Van Der Linde gang and quite frankly, we are appalled at your actions. You were never this way before, we dont know what changed.

Our father is disappointed in you, Lorna, as you've shown great disrespect and disregard for our family and our name. We'd appreciate it if you would kindly refrain from using it.

Maybe one day you'll come back to your senses, but until then, please do not contact us nor visit. You are not welcome.

With regret,
Georgette

Arthur frowned and set the paper back down in the table. He touched Lorna's shoulder and she turned to him, but for the first time he couldn't read her. She was void of any emotions.

"I'm sorry."

She shrugged and looked down."I knew they'd believe him."

"What kinda family does that?"

"Mine, unfortunately. " she explained solemnly.

Arthur shook his head.

Lorna sighed."But, I guess it all works out for the best..."

"Yeah? How's that?"

"Well, I have a new family now."

He gently laid his hand on her back and found himself rubbing softly. She closed her eyes and relished the feeling.

"Wanna take a walk?"

She shook her head."I'd like a nap instead."

"Alright, stay here, an' sleep. I got some chores to do or I'm gonna get my ass handed to me." He rolled his eyes.

Lorna faintly smiled.

Arthur left his tent bypassing Mrs. Grimshaw, mumbling something about him not doing his chores yesterday.

He walked over to the logs and laid his vest and satchel near the tree, he picked up the axe and just as he went to swing, Hosea walked up to him looking more than displeased.