A.M

It's been a while since I've written, but truth is I haven't been feeling much like writing. It ain't exactly been easy all these months up in Ambarino, it's been a living hell - if hell is, in fact, a frozen tundra.

We've gone through so many changes since we first arrived, it's impossible to keep anything straight anymore.

For starters, we got John back. The Idiot was on a mountain top, bleeding out. Apparently he got scared again and ran away in the night, some O'Driscoll's caught up to him and chased him up the mountain, where he was met with a pack of wolves. He managed to fend off the pack, but one lone wolf - It attacked him. He's got the scars to prove it.

We have two hostages with us now. Thomas, Colm O'Driscoll's cousin, and Kieran Duffy, some low ranking member. Ain't too sure about either one, but Dutch keeps saying this is the leverage we need over the O'Driscoll's. I think it's a setup and so does John.

Dutch insists that I'm like a son to him, how he treasures my every thought and opinion, yet he keeps discarding every one I have. I'm starting to think he's just saying these things for the hell of it!

We're leaving in two days and it can't come fast enough. All this talk about some place warmer has me itching in my britches. Heh - Not even the slightest bit concerned with the temperatures in Valentine, it's at least thirty degrees warmer than it is up here.

Lorna's been acting kind of strange lately, not that I'm concerned, ain't never really tried figuring out a woman before and never want to try, but something is off - I can feel it. Besides the lot, we're doing alright. She's definitely someone I never imagined myself with though, and after Eliza and Mary, I never imagined myself with anyone. She's better than I am, yet she tries to be equal to me. I don't want her to be like me or anyone else, I want her to stay true to herself - it's who I like. Who I've come to love.

I never did admit to myself or aloud for that matter, that I was falling in love with her. Now I can safely assume that everyone knows, so I don't think I have to go around professing my love for her. I'm sure no one would want that anyway.

I'll try to keep in touch as we head into Valentine. Perhaps if I'm lucky enough, I'll remember all on my own. Heh!

A.M

*Sketch of Lorna half asleep, the covers slightly ajar, her hair splayed out around her on the pillow. Title of the drawing: Sleeping Beauty*