Resurface II

Arthur stared at the man below him, the name ringing a bell. Charles and Javier lifted the man and carried him inside the main cabin. Arthur tossed him a blanket and Karen immediately wrapped it around his frozen body. Marybeth offering him a cup of coffee.

Lorna emerged from the bedroom, her eyes wide and her hands shaky. Arthur turned to her, hoping to stop her from coming any closer, when she froze, all color draining from her face.

"T...Thomas?"

His head snapped up."Lorna?"

"What's he doing here?" She snapped.

Arthur shrugged."Shot 'em."

"Well then why isnt he dead?"

Arthur sighed and put his hand on her shoulder."Relax, alright."

"Relax? You have no idea the things I went through when I was with him! The things-"

"Calm down!" Arthur closed in on her, placing a hand on her arm"He ain't worth gettin' worked up over."

She shook her head."Really? Well then, I guess the next time you're sulking about your son, just remember it isn't worth getting worked up over!" She yelled, storming back into the bedroom.

An eerie silence fell over the cabin, awkward glances between the six inhabitants, plus Thomas. Arthur stood there, stock still, letting those words replay in his head. After everything he's done for her, after they....He clenched his jaw.

When he finally gained enough courage to turn around, thankfully everyone else was busying themselves with Thomas and his wound. Charles, however, noticed and gave him a nod. Arthur ignored the man as he walked to the bedroom that he and Lorna shared.

He pushed the door open and Lorna jumped, he kicked it shut with his foot and stormed over to her, rage coursing through him.

"Take it back!" He ordered.

Lorna sniffled and looked down."I'm sorry. I just....I hate that man so much! He's done horrible things to me, I never thought I'd see him again."

Arthur stood there staring at her, still so angry with her words and her. But when she started to cry, he couldn't help feeling sorry for her. He took a seat on the edge of the bed and patted her leg, a gesture that wasnt very comforting nor romantic.

"I-"

Lorna shook her head."I didnt mean it, I swear it..I say things I dont mean when I'm angry."

He glanced over his shoulder.

She wiped away her tears."You dont have to forgive me, Arthur, it was a cruel thing to say and I understand if you didnt want me anymore.."

"Stop." He pulled her to his chest and held her close. While he didnt necessarily forgive her for what she said, he understood that in the heat of the moment, things will be said that shouldn't of been.

Lorna cried into his chest, the past suddenly her present and she wasnt sure how to handle it. She instantly  regretted those words as soon as they left her mouth. She didn't know Isaac, but he was a big part of her life now because he was apart of Arthur.

She gripped his jacket, then slowly wound her arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry." She whispered."Please... dont hate me."

"I dont." He mumbled into her hair.

She sniffled and pulled away, done having cried all over Arthur's shirt. She wiped her eyes and dried her face with the sleeve of her chemise. Arthur reached up and ran his hand over her cheek.