More Yu-gi-oh short Stories

Caught Red Handed

Yami's POV

Yugi and I were listening to Anzu go on about how she was having a sleep over at Mai's house and telling us the rules we had to follow while she was gone, Yugi had been too tired to focus half way through her lecture that I had to take over before he fell. Anzu obviously noticed "are you two even paying attention" she growled. "Yes, Yugi is just tired because your neighbors new dog won't shut up, he couldn't sleep all night" I responded making her feel guilty for snapping at us. "I'll tell my neighbor to keep his dog inside so he shouldn't bark" Anzu replied. "But anyway, one more thing before I leave, I know Yugi has a sweet tooth and will stop at nothing to get something sweet, so I hid the sweets in a place that even if he finds it he won't be able to reach it. Don't encourage him to try. If I find out that Yugi somehow managed to get the sweets, you both will be sleeping outside in the doghouse, do I make myself clear" Anzu growled. "Yes Anzu, besides, I don't like sweets and I believe Yugi is way too tired to try to take control before you get back" I responded. She went over the rules one more time before leaving. As soon as her car pulled away, Yugi demanded we find the sweets. *you heard what she said* 《we'll just take a little bit and she will never know》 *I don't know aibou, what if she does notice* 《she won't I promise, I've done this before and she never noticed》 *what if she notices this time* 《relax, I promise she won't》*oh ok, but don't say I didn't warn you* 《I'm too tired to take over, just find the sweets and hide them under my pillow》 *fine* I began searching for a place where one could hide sweets when I picked up on a sickly sweet smell *it's coming from the garage* 《that would be a good place to hide them》 I cautiously walked into the garage and sure enough there was a cookie jar on one of the shelves at the very top *she wasn't kidding when she said that even if you found them you wouldn't be able to reach them* 《she took advantage of my small size》 I realized that if I tried I could reach the cookies if I used the stool that was beside the shelf. She knew even with the stool Yugi would still be too short to reach the cookies. 《Just grab me two cookies, she won't notice》 I climbed onto the stool and grabbed the cookie jar but before I could grab any cookies I heard something "what are you doing?!" Anzu yelled. I got startled and lost my balance, crashing to the ground I had reached out for something to stop my fall but I ended up grabbing the shelf bringing it crashing down on me. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was Anzu screaming.

Yugi's POV

I quickly took over knowing my small size would allow me to come out relatively unharmed but still ended up slamming my head onto the ground. Yami took the brunt of it as my head hit the ground just before swapping. I just lied there struggling to regain my breath but it hurt too much to breathe properly. I felt someone pick me up but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Anzu's POV

I remembered that I had forgotten my phone in garage but when I walked into the garage I spotted Yami reaching for the cookie jar on the highest shelf "what are you doing?!" I growled angrily. I realized too late that yelling at him would startle him as I watched him lose his balance and grab the shelf in a desperate attempt to halt his fall, only for the shelf to come crashing down on him. "Yami!" I screamed running over to him. It was not Yami in control anymore, it was Yugi. He must have switched in a desperate attempt to save Yami. "Yugi!" I shouted gently picking him up. He looked completely dazed, he wasn't responding. I pulled out my phone and texted Jonouchi.

Anzu: I need you to get over here immediately!

Jonouchi: why? What's wrong?

Anzu: Yugi's hurt! Please, I don't know what to do!

Jonouchi: first you need to calm down, second I'm on my way and third I need you to tell me where he's hurt

I quickly checked Yugi over