Pegasus Dragon

Maximillian's POV

I was sitting at my desk when there was a knock at my door, for some reason I felt an overwhelming sense of dread. "Come in" I said before a man I've never seen before walked in. "Please forgive my intrusion but I have some news on Yugi" he replied. "Who are you exactly?" I questioned. "My name is Warren the Dragon Sorcerer" he announced. I tilted my head in confusion "I've never heard of you" I said a bit wary of him. "It's alright, I'm a friend. I came to tell you that Yugi is in danger" Warren replied. I stood up "what do you mean!?" I shouted. He backed up "you really care about him don't you?" Warren asked. "Well yes, I do. He's a rare jewel in this world" I replied. He looked at me "Yugi, he's dying" Warren said sadly. I froze "dying?" I questioned. "Sadly yes but you can save him" he replied. I looked at him confused "how?" I asked anxiously. "Follow me" he said turning into a dragon before my eyes and opening the window before turning to me. I felt a weird sensation travel through my body. My wings nearly knocked everything off my desk "what?!" I shouted confused. "We have no time to lose, come on!" The dragon Sorcerer commanded, I flew out the window after him. Before I knew we had landed in front of Bakura's house. I was changed back as Warren knocked on the door "Bakura! It's me Warren!" He shouted. The door opened and Warren led me inside, I saw Yugi curled up on the floor whimpering in pain. "Pegasus?!" Jonouchi shouted. "Calm down, Warren brought me here" I replied. "We need at least four millennium items" Warren said holding the puzzle and millennium ring, I was ushered closer because of my millennium eye. "That's only three millennium items" I said before a red fox crashed through the front door and slammed it shut "STUPID FOX, GIVE ME BACK MY MILLENNIUM ROD!" I heard someone scream. Said fox walked over and placed the millennium rod down. "Ok, we need to focus our energy on Yugi" Warren said. I was suddenly pulled into the puzzle, along with the other holders except Yugi. I jumped back as something leapt in front of me, it looked like Yugi but didn't have the bright colors. It hissed before disappearing into the shadows. I looked around and realized the darkness was consuming the light. I followed the others to Yugi's soul room, he was curled up on the floor. *please help my hikari* +hmm, hello again Pegasus+ "Marik?" +yes, it's me+ 《(whimpering)》 I jumped as a shadow tried to grab me. It was the dark Yugi, he launched at me again but this time I used my millennium eye to trap it behind a door I created and locked it. The shadows began to retreat 《you trapped him, I couldn't do that! Thanks》 "my pleasure Yugi boy" he growled annoyed.

[Time skip]

I looked down at Yugi who was curled up in my lap asleep. "He only falls asleep around those he trusts" Anzu said as she walked in. I smiled "everything I've done was to help Yugi and Yami closer to the goal" I replied. "Really, so you didn't want to hurt him?" Anzu asked. "No, I care about Yugi. He's like a son to me, I did what was best and look at everything he's accomplished so far. All of you have impressed me with your loyalty, courage and compassion" I replied gently petting Yugi's head. "Thank you" Jonouchi said, he and Honda had been standing in the doorway the entire time. I felt Yugi nudge my hand, he had been listening too. "Uh, you all heard that?" I asked. "Yes" Yugi replied. "When I first met you, I had originally only interacted with you because I promised someone I would assure that the pharaoh complete his destiny but the more I got to know you the more I became attached. I made it my personal goal to make sure Yugi would be ready when the time came for the pharaoh to leave. Every time I dueled you, I was testing you to see how much you learned" I said. I looked up as the Kaiba brothers walked in, I quickly put Yugi down "you! What are you doing here?!" Seto growled. I glared at him "I have every right to be here that you" I snapped. He got up in my face growling like a feral dog. If he was going to act like a dog, I was going to treat him like one "aww, is the wolf puppy angry" I sneered. He tried to hit me but Yugi stood in his way and ended up being hit instead "Yugi?!" I shouted as the little cub skidded across the floor from the force before landing at someone's feet. It was Malik, he roughly picked up Yugi by his neck before disappearing into the shadows with him. The puzzle had been left behind. I stood there shocked by what just happened. "Yugi!" I shouted angrily.