Home for the Holidays (Part 1)

"Do you think that Emily is looking at the moon right now?" JJ asked her best friend Will. Emily was JJ's girlfriend who was deployed to Iraq for war. She was apart of the US Army. JJ and Will were at the park because JJ needed to get out of the house, and she needed someone to talk to.

"I don't know. I mean, she is in a different time zone. She could be staring at a fire from an explosion, or she could be staring down the barrel of a gun because she was taken as a hostage or-" Will started but was cut off by JJ.

"Sorry I asked. I just- I haven't seen her in nearly two years. I really miss her. Sometimes I wish she never joined the Army, but I know that she loves what she does. I don't want to make her feel like she has to resign just because I don't like her being away for so long. I knew that I would be in this position if I started dating. I didn't mind it. She's a hero, my hero, I just didn't know it would be this hard. This is my second Christmas without her being here. I've only had one Christmas with her, and that was the year we started dating. You know, our three year anniversary was last month. We never got to video chat because she was off fighting. At least we get to send each other letters. I get to send her care packages. Though, one of the guys found the photos I was sending her." JJ said. 

"And this is why we don't send naughty photos to our loved ones. Especially if they are printed out." Will said with a little laugh.

"Oh be quiet." JJ said, rolling her eyes and laughed. 

"They probably jacked off to them." he said. 

"Emily said that her guy friends did. Though Emily quickly made them regret it by kicking their asses." JJ said. 

"Wow. She must get very jealous." Will said. 

"Very jealous is an understatement. Every time someone wolf calls at me or tells me that I'm too hot to be a lesbian, she always kisses me and feels me up just to prove that I am. In her case, since they jacked off to my pictures, she beat them up a little bit and reminded them that only she got to fuck me and make love to me and no one else. You gotta love a jealous Emily, though. She's adorable when she's jealous." JJ explained. 

"Wow. Remind me to never hit on you. But, she has every right to be jealous and protective of you. You are a beautiful person. Most guys are attracted to women like you." Will said. 

"Too bad I'm never going to be attracted to them." JJ said. She looked at the frozen pond that was in front of them and took in the beauty of it. The moon was a full moon, so it was shining brightly. The light from the moon was reflecting off of the icy pond. The snow in the trees was sparkling lustrously. JJ notice Will get out his phone."It's so beautiful out tonight." JJ said. 

"Not as beautiful as the woman in front of me." JJ heard. She turned around and saw Emily down on one knee, holding a ring box. "Jennifer Jareau, will you marry me?" Emily asked, opening the box. 

"Yes!" JJ said

"Yes!" JJ said. She was crying the happiest tears she could cry. Emily put the ring on JJ's finger and stood up. She kissed JJ, and JJ wrapped her arms around Emily's neck as they kissed. "I missed you so much!" JJ cried. Will was recording the whole thing, and he was trying to hold back his tears.