Invisible

"My sister is flying in from Tennessee today, and I'm so excited to see her! I haven't seen her since I was 11." JJ told her best friend, Emily Prentiss. 

"I thought she wasn't going to be here until next week?" Emily asked. 

"She wasn't going to be, but she wants to surprise our mom for her birthday." JJ said. Emily nodded her head. "I was wondering. Since you can see ghosts, does it ever get confusing if the person is real or a spirit?" JJ asked. She's always wondered that. 

"It depends. Sometimes the people will look completely normal, but I've gotten good at telling them apart." Emily said. JJ nodded her head and looked at Emily's hand. 

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." JJ said, a little jealous. Emily looked at her with a confused look. JJ pointed to the promise ring on her finger. 

"Oh. Uh, yeah. He's great. I think you'll like him." Emily said. "You have Spencer, so why do you look sad?" Emily asked. 

"Oh, uh, I didn't realize." JJ said, obviously lying. 

"Okay sister. We are going to close up shop, and we are going to take a walk to the park, and you are going to talk because I don't want you to be sad anymore." Emily said. She walked to the door and flipped the sign around to 'Closed', and they walked across the street to the park. "Alright. Spill." Emily said. 

"I- I can't. You will hate me." JJ said, looked down at the grass. Emily grabbed JJ's arm and pulled her over to the bench and made her sit down. 

"Nothing you say will ever make me hate you." Emily assured JJ. 

"This will. Tell me about your boyfriend." JJ said. 

"Well his name is Mark. He's British, and he's overall amazing. Now stop changing the subject. What's got you down?" Emily asked. 

"I feel like Spencer isn't the one. I mean, he's my first love, and we've been dating since senior year of high school, but I think I'm in love with someone else. I just, I don't know. I feel like our relationship was forced, like everyone wanted us together, so that's why we dated. I mean, yes, I did like him, but with this person, it's different. Like a different type of love. I don't know how to describe it, but I just don't think he's the one." JJ answered. 

"Wow. Well tell me about this other person." Emily said. 

"She's just amazing. I-"

"Wait, wait, wait. I didn't know you were into girls." Emily said. 

"I'm not. Just her." JJ said. 

"So basically love at first sight?" Emily asked, trying to better understand everything. 

"Not at first. But then I hung out with her more, and then I just fell in love. It just happened I guess. But I think she's absolutely, just, beautiful. There's nothing more that I want in the world than to just run up to her, kiss her, and tell her how I feel." JJ said. 

"Why don't you?" Emily asked. 

"Because if I do, then she will hate me, and I will lose her forever." JJ answered. 

"At least tell her how you feel." Emily suggested. "If you don't feel like doing that, then do 20 seconds of courage and kiss her." 

"I don't want to risk it." JJ said. 

"Come on. At-" JJ cut Emily off by kissing her. Emily was surprised at first, but she eventually started kissing back. It was a great kiss, and both of them didn't want to pull away, but unfortunately they had to for air. "I didn't-"

"Shh. Don't say anything. Just let me take this moment in before you hate me." JJ said. But Emily kissed her again. 

"I was hoping that I was the girl you were talking about." Emily said. Both of them smiled and pecked each other's lips. When Emily turned her head, she saw a guy standing there, frozen. He scared her, but then she looked closely at him.