Sprousehart: Misunderstanding

"Everything's my fault, Cole? You're always at work, Grace barely sees you! She always is asking where her daddy is. I'm sorry I was trying to parent OUR daughter by taking her to the park and her falling off the monkey bars and landing on her arm! Do you think I wanted this to happen?" Lili yells. She sits down on the couch, and puts her face into her hands, and starts to cry. Silent tears fall down her face as she hides herself from her husband, "God, maybe I am a terrible mom." Lili says.

Cole sighs as he sits down next to her, "I'm sorry I yelled. I just was upset at myself. You did nothing wrong, and you're not a terrible mom. You're always here with Grace, and I'm going to change my hours so I can be with you two more, you seem stressed and I'm sorry I didn't notice." he says, ashamed of himself.

"Really?" Lili asked, suddenly chirping up. She missed Cole a lot, so did Grace.

"Yes. I'm so sorry, love." he replied, rubbing comforting circles on her back.

Lili put her head on Cole's shoulder and closed her eyes, "It's okay." she whispered.

Just then, their six year old daughter, Grace came into the living room, "Daddy!" she exclaimed. Cole smiled and he picked up his daughter gently and he put her on his lap, "Why are you up, sweetie? Does your arm hurt?" Lili asked. Grace nodded, "I also heard yelling..." she whispered. Lili bit her lip and played with Grace's hair.

"I'm sorry sweetie. Everything's okay, mommy was just upset." Lili replied kissing Grace's forehead. Grace got out of Cole's lap and sat in Lili's, she rested her head on Lili's chest, "Can you lay with me?" Grace asked Lili. Lili nodded and picked her daughter up and walked to Grace's room.

Cole grabbed his phone and changed his hours to off on the weekends, and working till 12pm on the weekdays. He goes upstairs to their room to see Lili asleep. He smiles and gets changed into sweatpants and he pulls off his shirt.

He slips into bed next to Lili and she snuggles up to him, wrapping her leg around his, and resting her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry, love." Cole whispered.

"It's okay. I love you."

"I love you too." he responded, kissing the top of her head.

a/n:
i'm sorry this is so short and trashy! i'm running out of ideas so if you have any suggestions (bughead or sprousehart) comment them! thanks xoxo