Bughead: The Big Night

This was suggested by aloha_lexi11 thanks for the suggestion!

Prompt: Jughead proposes to Betty with Archie and Veronica's help.

Betty and Veronica's age: 23
Jughead and Archie's age: 24

Betty rolled over in their bed to see Jughead peacefully sleeping. She sighed and put her hand on his cheek and used her thumb to softly rub his cheek. He smirked, still asleep, and pulled Betty closer to him. She smiled and buried her face into his neck.

"Good morning beautiful." he mumbled.

"Morning Juggie." Betty said into his neck.

"I have a few things to do today so do you mind if I go out for a little?" He asked her.

"Where are you going?" she asked, looking up at him.

He started to play with her hair, "Just some errands."

"Okay, I'll stay here." Betty replied.

What Betty didn't know is that Jughead was going to propose to her tonight, with Archie and Veronica's help.

Jughead got out of bed and got changed. Betty laid in bed on her phone, "I think I'm gonna see my mom today." she said.

Jughead nodded. Alice knew what was going on today, he asked for her permission. She was ecstatic. She hugged Jughead tightly with tears in her eyes saying yes over and over.

Jughead went over and kissed Betty's forehead, "Have fun, I'll see you soon." he said.

Betty smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too." Jughead replied. He walked downstairs in their house and went to the front door. He went outside into the warm summer air and drove to Pops.

He walked into Pops hearing the all to familiar ring of the door bell, and smiled at Pop, "Hey kid, here for your coffee?" Pop asked.

"Yeah, Pop. Thank you." Jughead replied. He was on cloud nine today, he couldn't wait for tonight. "So," Pop started, "I'm closing at five and Veronica, Archie, and you are coming at 5:30 to set up and then Betty is coming at 6:45?" he asked.

Jughead nodded, getting his coffee from Pop, "Thank you for letting me do this, I'm paying you."

Pop rolled his eyes playfully, "No you are not, I've known you kids since you were very little. This is on me."

Jughead smiled, "Thank you." He walked out the door and headed to Archie and Veronica's house. He was greeted at the door with Archie holding their 2 year old son, Clay.

"Hey buddy." Jughead said, messing up Clay's hair.

"Hi Uncle Juggie." Clay said. Jughead smiled and then turned to Archie, "Are you ready?" Archie asked after they walked inside and sat on the couch.

"I am, I really am. I just can't wait to see her reaction." Jughead replied. Clay sat on Jughead's lap and Clay took his beanie off and put it on his head.

Veronica came down the steps and smiled at her son, "Do you have uncle Juggie's beanie on?" she asked her son. He nodded and giggled. Jughead smiled at Clay, thinking about how him and Betty would be amazing parents.

"Where's Betty today?" Veronica asked, resting her head on Archie's shoulder.

"She's with her mom, and she doesn't suspect a thing." Jughead smirked. His plan was going well so far, that made him extremely happy.

"Okay good!" Veronica exclaimed, "It's 11 now so Archie and I are going to go pick up the decorations and you can pick up the ring at 1. Do you mind watching Clay while we go out?" Veronica asked.