Bughead: Turn Of Events

this was suggested by floralemi thank you for the suggestion! also, mentions of s3 spoilers!! (kinda)

Betty's POV:

We just finished the ending song of Heathers the musical.

I looked over at Jughead and smiled at him. The past couple of days have been good for Jughead and I.

I've been helping him with his mom recently too; figuring out how to stop her with the drug dealing business.

We all stood there, waiting for someone to start clapping, but nothing started...

Till I looked over at Jughead to ask him a question, he grabbed my hand and ran off the stage with me.

"Jughead!" I yelled, pulling my hand from his grasp, "Why did you run off stage like that?"

He grabbed my hand again and continued walking, "Your dad's here." he whispered.

"Woah, woah, woah. My dad wouldn't do anything to hurt me, Jug. He probably just wanted to talk. Or maybe he got out early?" I shrugged, not really feeling worried.

"Betty are you out of your mind?" Jughead exclaimed.

"No, she isn't." We heard a voice from behind us.

We both turned around and saw my dad.

"Betty, it's nice to finally see you, not behind glass." He said, slowly walking towards us.

I hugged Jughead's arm tightly, "I take back everything I said earlier. I'm terrified of my father." I whispered into his ear.

"Come here, Betty, I just want a hug. I mean, your mom isn't even here to cheer you on, at least I was." He said.

"Dad, don't even talk about mom." I whispered.

He inched even closer to us and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of Jughead's grasp.

He pulled me to his chest and turned me around, to face Jughead. He quickly put a knife up to my neck.

"Your mother will pay for this. She'll come to jail with me because she hasn't been looking out for you." He said, keeping the knife on my throat, but not making a cut.

Jughead's POV:

I saw my dad slowly creeping up behind Hal. I decided to keep him distracted.

"Please, please don't hurt her. You know you don't wanna. She's your daughter." I said, my voice shaking.

My dad quickly got the knife away from Betty and handcuffed Hal.

I pulled Betty in my embrace and sighed, "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, because I'm with you." she replied.