bughead: "i just want you to feel better"

a/n
i promise i'll become better with uploading and i'm writing your requests now!

this is based off of what lili said at comic con about Jughead comforting Betty while she's grieving her father.

Mentions of spoilers. Don't read if you haven't seen season 2 or 3 of riverdale!!!

A start of another summer. The past two summers have been the worst for Betty. Her last summer consisted of working for Miss Andrews to help with Archie's case. This summer she was figuring out if she should grieve her father or not. She also didn't have her mother. She didn't know where she was.

It was a tough situation for Betty. As a child, she had all these amazing memories of him. That one day Hal made water balloons and they had a water balloon fight. That one night she was so scared of the storm so he held her tight until the storm stopped.

But, she also had bad memories. He father being the black hood, then figuring out he was helping Chic and Penelope with their whole G&G killing spree.

She didn't know what to do. It was he father; but he also killed many people, hurt many people, but also he sometimes made her happy and loved.

Most days she would scold herself for feeling grief for her father. But other days, she let the tears flow.

So there she was. The first day of summer, in her old house which was now the Jones house. She was sitting in her window, writing in her diary. She used her diary to keep track of how she felt; writing her feelings down lifted a weight off of her chest, making her feel better, but only for a little bit.

Jughead just walked through the front door, seeing an open house, meaning his dad and sister were out. He definitely knew Betty was home; she hasn't really left the house all summer. It's only been the first week of summer, soon he was going to get her out of the house.

He walked up the steps and knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come in." Betty said gently.

Jughead opened the door, seeing the broken look on his girlfriends face, "Hey, I brought you Pops." he smiled, setting the bag down next to her.

"Thank you." she whispered, opening the bag. She slowly started to eat while Jughead cleaned up the room a little bit.

"What are you writing about?" he asked to make conversation.

"My feelings about everything. It makes me feel a little better." There was a pause. Jughead knew she wanted to say something.

She sighed, going to sit on their bed next to him, "I miss him. I know he killed many people, but I love him. I have many good memories with him. It's just hard. One day I hate him, the next I miss him like hell."

Jughead put his arm around her shoulder, "I mean I watched my father get murdered.." she said, her voice cracking, "He didn't deserve that. He should've just stayed in jail, then it would've been okay."

Betty scoffed at herself crying, "I sound ridiculous. I mean he was a serial killer, but he was also my father.." her voice drifted off at the end.

Jughead sighed while she wiped her tears, "This is a tough situation. But you shouldn't get mad at yourself for missing him. Like you said, he is your father. And don't say you're ridiculous; you're with me and I'll never make fun of you." Jughead comforted her, letting her hide her face in his neck. She nodded and closed her eyes.

"I miss my mom too." she whispered into his neck.

"Charles is doing everything he can to find her. They will find her." Jughead stated.

"Maybe I can help them?" Betty said, putting her head on his shoulder, "I could assist the FBI and help them find her. I mean, I did solve Jason Blossom's murder and figured out who the black hood is."

"If that makes you feel better, baby, I support you in doing it."

Betty nodded and looked into his eyes, "It does make me feel better."

Jughead presses a soft kiss on her lips, "Thank you for being here for me. I know I haven't been in the best place for a while."

"Anything for you. I just want you to feel better." Jughead said, putting a piece of hair behind her ear.

For the first time in a while, Betty smiled; making Jughead smile.