Protective Jughead Part 3

a/n
againnnn, i wasn't planning on doing another part but it was requested so here we are 😂 but it's just going to wrap everything up and probably be short!!!

Betty's POV:

I shifted in the uncomfortable hospital bed in the middle of the night. Jughead was sleeping on the couch next to me, and I just wanted to talk to him. I couldn't fall asleep just like all the other weeks I was stuck in the shack.

I felt scared because of the dark. I needed a light on. I've been in the dark for two weeks. Even though I always feel safe with Jughead with me, tonight was different.

I needed to get everything off my chest. I also needed a light on right now.

"Jug." I whispered.

"Jughead." I raised my voice a little higher and he woke up.

"What? You okay?" He asked, getting up and sitting by my feet on the bed.

I nodded, "Can you turn the light on? I'm scared." I admitted.

He quickly turned it on, understanding why I'm scared, "I'm sorry. I should've kept that on." He apologized, grabbing my hand.

"It's okay. I just needed to talk about it, Juggie."

He nodded, "Tell me everything."

I took a deep breath in, "Well, once I woke up from being kicked, they gave me water and food and told me their job was done. Then, they left. I never saw whoever beat me ever again. Which was a relief, but a girl visited me everyday. She was younger, and she told me her story. She was forced in joining the Ghoulies, and she never wanted to be part of a gang. So, she came everyday, gave me food and water and we talked. I asked her if she could call the hospital, because I was in a lot of pain. She told me she wouldn't call the hospital, and left. Then the next day, you came and saved me." I finished.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized, putting a piece of hair behind my ear, "I love you and I wasn't there for you."

"It's okay, I'm fine now right?"

"Yes, yes you are," He smiled at me.

"Can you lay with me?" I asked him, "I don't wanna be alone. Also, can you not turn that light off?"

"Yes and yes." He replied, laying next to me in the tiny bed. I snuggled into his side and put my head on his chest.

"You know, your cute when your overprotective." I smirked at him.

"You're cute when you need my help." he replied. We both chuckled and fell asleep in each other's arms.

Now, a month later, everything is better. No more Ghoulie and Serpent grudges.

a/n
this is now the last part of this mini series! 😊