Bughead: Shot

this was suggested by bugheadstories_ thank you for the suggestion!

It was a crazy night.

A debate between the two opposing sides. Fred Andrews and Hermione Lodge. Both fighting to be mayor of Riverdale.

Archie Andrews stood on the side of the stage his father was on. Biting his nails and watching intensely around. He wanted his father to have this more than anything; but was his father stronger than the Lodges?

On the other side of the stage were the Lodges. Veronica and Hiram stood just like Archie. Hiram stared at his wife and Veronica watched her parents and just wanted to get out of there, but support her mom too.

Jughead was at the Sheriff's station, waiting for Fangs, who was blamed for killing Midge. He stood there, trying to figure out how to get Fangs outside without any trouble from the crowds that want him dead.

Betty sat in the audience of the debate with her father. Ever since she suspected her father of being the black hood, she's been watching him close.

Everyone in all but two places would have a turning event, shocking them all.

"Jughead," Fangs started, "I can't go out there. They all hate me." He started looking from door to door all around them.

"Fangs." Jughead breathed out, "You have us. We are going to get you safely out of this." he reassured his friend. Jughead pulled everyone into a huddle, "We got this." Jughead looked around at the worried looks, "It's now or never." he finally decided as they walked through the doors, instantly hearing people's shouts.

At the debate, Betty sat nervously next to her father. She didn't trust him and she didn't know how to ever trust him again.

The debate bored her. She would rather be at home, watching a movie or figuring out how her father could be the black hood and his motive.

She was interrupted when Veronica yelled, "It's the black hood! He's here!" And Betty turned around and heard a gun shot.

They rushed through the crowd of people, protecting Fangs through the people that sadly hated him.

They were just about to make it through, till they heard a gunshot, and felt Fangs crash onto the concrete.

"Betty get down!" her father yelled at her. But Betty stood in shock. She was in shock. Her father was the black hood. Not that guy that's shooting people right now. Or was she wrong? Was she blaming her innocent father?

But Betty never got cover. The guy that was shooting, pointed his gun at her, and shot her.

"Someone call an ambulance!"

"Her pulse is barely there."

She kept blacking out and hearing all these things around her. She looked down at where she was shot. Right in her right stomach. She groaned and blacked out once again.

"Who the hell did that?"

"Someone call an ambulance!"

Fangs heard everything. He was too in shock to move or to actually do anything. Too much happened in one night.

Jughead hated hospitals. The smell, the scenes of nurses rushing around, the crying people waiting to hear back from their doctors about their loved ones, just made him hate it more.

Jughead paced around the waiting room, trying to get ahold of Betty. He needed to see her and to help him through this.

Just then, a bunch of people burst through the doors, working on a girl in a stretcher.

"It was at the debate. She was shot by the shooter and she kept blacking in and out. Her breathing was soft and so was her pulse." Jughead heard someone say. Hal?

Jughead rushed around the corner.

"Sir, we will be putting Elizabeth into surgery now. We will give you updates every hour." A doctor yelled before rolling Betty off to a room.

Hal looked over in the waiting room, seeing Jughead, "S- she was shot." he told Jughead.

Jughead's heart dropped, "Well my friend was shot too. This night couldn't get any better."

Jughead wasn't really good at showing how concerned and upset her really was. Deep down inside of him sadness ate every inch of him. Worry traveled throughout his head creating horrible thoughts about what could happen to his friend and his girlfriend. It consumed him. Took him as a whole and wouldn't stop till he knew what was going on.

He sat down and buried his face into his hands. They were going to be okay. And he knew that.

——————————

Jughead had first heard about Fangs; he was okay, and the surgery went well, but he won't wake up till tomorrow.

Now he was just waiting for the news on Betty. He tapped his foot on the ground, impatiently waiting for news. He needed news.

"You know," Hal cleared his throat, "She's a fighter. When she was younger, she would always find a way to convince me to take her to get a milkshake at Pops. She has a strong mind, and will fight for what she wants." Hal looked over at Jughead, "She's fighting for you."

Jughead smiled at him. Hearing those words come out of his mouth made him feel somewhat relieved and relaxed.

As if she was on cue, a surgeon walked out, "Elizabeth's surgery went well. We got her out about an hour ago but before you could see her we had to run some tests on her and we had to wait till she's up. You may see her now."

Relief and happiness filled Jughead's body. Killing all the worry and sadness. She was okay. They both turned out to be okay.

Hal smiled at him, "You go first."

Jughead quietly thanked him. He walked through the doors of where she was and she smiled at him.

"Juggie." She whispered.

He rushed over to her and kissed her forehead, "God. You scared me." he sighed in relief.

She grabbed his hand, "I'm sorry." she apologized.

"No, no. There's nothing to apologize for. You're okay. That's all that matters. And I love you. Thank you for fighting."

She smiled up at him, and he smiled back.

sorry the ending was rushed. x