Chapter 10

"This one is the last one, right?" Danny asked as I handed him a rather heavy box. He turned and slid it into his car with ease.

I let out a sigh and nodded. "I think it is. We should probably go back in and double check," I said, as I crossed my arms over my chest. The late May air seemed kind of chilly compared to normal.

He closed the door and his brown eyes twinkled as he looked back at me. "Alright... Are you cold, Babe," he asked, a bit of amusement in his voice as well as on his face.

I playfully rolled my eyes as he followed me up the stairs and to the elevator. Once we moved inside and pressed the button for my floor, he turned to me, and pulled me into his arms. "I'm so happy you'll officially be living with me," he said, dipping his head down to place a kiss on my forehead.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. "I'm happy, too," I whispered, letting out a long breath. "I cannot wait to go to bed tonight. It's been such a long day."

The elevator dinged before he could reply. I pulled from his arms, grabbed his hand and pulled him to my door for the last time ever.

I pushed the door open and pulled Danny into the place with me. "I can't believe how empty it is," I said, gripping his hand a little tighter. My voice echoed throughout the place.

Danny pulled his hand from mine and looked around one last time. "It really is. I'm surprised you decided to sell like all of your furniture," Danny said, looking at the area where my couch used to sit.

I shrugged. "Not like I needed it," I told him, wandering over toward my bedroom to make sure it was empty. "Man, it feels crazy leaving. I have so many memories here," I said. I moved up to the window and looked out on the view of the street, where I'd sit for hours and people watch at times.

A pair of hands grasped my hips, causing me to jump. "Babe," Danny said lowly, his hot breath hitting the back of my neck. "We will be able to make so many more memories from here on out."

I turned around in his grip and met those big brown eyes. "You really think so," I asked, eyebrows raised in question.

He gave me a slight nod as a grin made its way onto his face. "I know so, Jame. There's no need to worry."

I smiled back at him and brought my hands up to cup his stubbly cheeks. "I never had a doubt, Danny. I love you."

And with that, I moved closer, and pressed my lips to his.

***

I pushed the door open as I balanced the last box in my arms. Clay instantly attempted to ambush me as I walked in toward Danny's kitchen, so I could put my box of pots down on the counter.

"Clay! Go sit on your bed until we're done bringing stuff in, okay?! We don't wanna trip over you," I told him once I put it down.

He looked back up at me with wide puppy dog eyes. I playfully rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Off to your bed," I said, sternly as I pointed in the direction of it.

In the matter of seconds, he was on his way to his bed, right next to the hallway to Danny's— er... Our room.

For the next twenty minutes, we moved all of my crap in, as Clay patiently waited for us— watching our every move. "Ugh," I said with a sigh. "I'm fucking whipped. You were right, we should have slowly moved my stuff over starting last week." I crashed down on the couch and watched as Danny began to open up the box of picture frames.

Clay moved toward Danny and began sniffing around the box. "Danny," I said, causing him to look up at me. "I'll decide which of those I want
to put out. Not all of them need to be out," I told him.