Just Go

"No!" Phil said as tears appeared in his eyes.

Jessica's heart sunk and tears rolled down her cheeks. Evan looked at the floor and kept his emotions to himself.

"I'm so sorry." Maggie said. "We tried everything we could to bring the baby's heartbeat back up to normal. But, in the end, there was nothing we could do."

Maggie gave some words of comfort to the grieving family, then she left them to give them some space.

Jessica brought Evan close to her and hugged him tight. That's when Evan broke.

He silently sobbed; his heart broke for his sister and unborn niece or nephew.

Michael came out to let them know that they could visit with Emily for a bit before the doctor would perform a D & C.

Jessica wasn't sure if she should go in. She knew how Emily was feeling. When she went through her own miscarriage, she remembered not wanting to be near other pregnant women.

Phil encouraged Jessica come into the room with them.

They walk down the hallway and reach Emily's room. Michael walks in first then the rest follow.

When they walked in, they saw Emily silently crying and holding her belly.

Emily was staring up at the ceiling and was feeling numb. Tears rolled down the sides of her cheeks.

Phil and Evan stepped forward to Emily's side and they hugged her in a group hug.

Jessica stayed back with Michael and hugged him, giving him some words of comfort.

Jessica let go of Michael and stepped back as she watched the heart breaking scene before her. Emily cried out for her baby and Phil tried in vain to comfort her.

Finally, Jessica stepped forward to try to get Emily to calm down. Emily hugged Jessica tightly and sobbed into her chest. Jessica cried along with her.

After a while, Jessica managed to get Emily to calm down.

Emily managed to stop crying and she laid back in her bed. She was feeling exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

Before drifting off to sleep, Emily said. "Jessica, Evan, Dad, why don't you all go home. It's late. You must be tired."
"We don't want to leave you." Jessica spoke up. "We are all here for you."
"Thank you, Jessica. But really, you need your rest." Emily said softly.
"I'll be fine." Jessica replied. "We're family now and I will be here for you till you get out of here."

Emily smiled a little at Jessica then she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Jessica sighed then excused herself. She walked into the hallway and she went in search of Maggie.

Maggie had told other nurses and doctors of the hospital that Jessica was there and all that knew Danny went in search for her as well.
They all wanted to say hi to Jessica.

One by one, nurses and doctors found her and said hi and greeted her with hugs. She spoke to everyone and finally told them as to why she was there.

Immediately, they pulled together and moved Emily into a bigger hospital room that was much more comfortable and had more seats to sit on plus, an extra place to sleep on.

Usually, the hospital wouldn't allow so many people to stay with a patient over night. They had visiting hours but since Jessica knew everyone at the hospital, they bent the rules this once.

Emily's procedure wasn't till the morning, so everyone got to relax and get some rest. Jessica laid down on the big sofa that was in the room. Evan insisted on it. Jessica was exhausted by this point.