Say Hello

A week later passed and Jessica hadn't visited Emily. Phil assured her that he would keep a closer eye on Emily.

Jessica felt relieved that he and Michael was taking great care of Emily, but felt sad because they were finally doing great in their relationship.

Jessica was currently at the bookstore waiting to leave for her doctors appointment. Hopefully they will find out the gender of their baby today.

Evan was also at the bookstore. He asked for the day off from his construction job because he didn't want Jessica to drive back and forth.

Evan was putting books on shelves while Jessica was upstairs going through inventory.
Sarah was managing the cash register and helping costumers.

Jessica finished the last bit of what she was doing then she leaned back in her chair and sighed. She closed her eyes and both her hands settled on her 17 weeks pregnant belly.

She smiled as she felt the gentle movement of her baby moving around her womb. She opened her eyes and looked down to her belly.

"Hi, little one." Jessica said to her belly. "Please cooperate today. I want to know what you are so we can start working on your room. Just know that, no mater what, pink or blue we love you."

The baby gave Jessica a hard kick and Jessica giggled.

A few minutes later, Jessica looked up at the clock. It was almost time for her appointment.

Jessica put away a few things on her desk then she grabbed her purse and car keys.

She then walked downstairs and found Evan. He smiled at her then walked over to her and kissed her lips.

They then pull away and walked over to Sarah.

"We're going to head out, Sarah." Jessica said. "I'll see you tonight for dinner."
"Alright, Jess." Sarah smiled and hugged Jessica. She then bends down to Jessica's belly and said. "Alright, baby Peters. Be good and let us know what you are. Your auntie Sarah is just dying to buy you sooo many cute little outfits!"
Jessica laughed and Sarah kissed her belly then straightened up. "Good luck, Jess!"

Just then, Emma rushed into the bookstore.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" She said breathlessly. She had sunglasses on and looked tired.
"It's okay, Emma. We're about to leave so, you got here just let in time." Jessica said.
"Oh good!" Emma smiled a little. "Good luck at your appointment, Jessica."
"Thank you, Emma. See you tomorrow." Jessica said as she Evan turned to leave.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Emma said.

When Jessica and Evan left, Emma sighed. She then walked upstairs to put her backpack away.

Before she walked back downstairs, Emma grabbed her makeup bag and quickly opened it.

Emma took her sunglasses off and carefully applied her makeup to her left eye. It was black and bruised.

Once she finished, you couldn't tell her eye was bruised. The makeup did a great job at hiding her secret.

Satisfied with her work, Emma put away her makeup bag and walked downstairs to begin her work day.

Jessica and Evan were called to the back room and waited as patiently as they could.

Jessica sat on the exam table and Evan stood beside her, rubbing her belly. She smiled and leaned close to him. She was feeling an extreme need to just be close.

She kissed his cheek, making Evan smile. Jessica then moves her head to the side and captures Evan's lips.

Evan kisses her back and their kissing intensified. Before they could go further however, a knock on the door interrupted them.

They pulled away breathlessly and Jessica said as evenly as she could. "Come in."

Dr. Davis opens the door and walks in. "Hello, Jessica, Evan. How are you guys doing today?"
"We're doing well. We are hoping this little one doesn't give us any trouble today." Jessica said with chuckle.

Dr. Davis laughed and said. "Well, let's get started and hopefully he or she will show us what they are."

By now, Jessica had calmed down from their make our session and Dr. Davis started to check all her vitals first.

Once Dr. Davis was done, Dr. Davis gets the ultrasound machine and sets things up.

Jessica lays back and pulls up her shirt to expose her abdomen. As always, she was ready to see her baby.

Dr. Davis begins the ultrasound and the baby came on screen.

Jessica smiled and tears sprang to her eyes. Happy tears rolled down her cheeks.

Evan held her hand, not taking his eyes off the screen. He was still in awe that he was going to be a father.

"You and the baby are doing great, Jessica." Dr. Davis said. "The baby's heart sounds great and they are moving around like a little wiggle worm." She laughs, which causes Jessica to laugh.

Dr. Davis turns back to the screen and said. "I'll right, moment of truth." She scans the baby's private area and smiles. "Good news! We have a great view. You guys ready to find out the gender?"
"Yes! We are ready." Evan said enthusiastically.
Jessica was too invested to what was going on on the screen to speak, but she nodded her head yes.

Dr. Davis nodded back and smiled. "Alright, Jessica, Evan....say hello to your baby girl."