I'm So Scared

Evan helped Jessica sit down on the closet sofa and asked what was wrong.

"I...I don't know." She said as she cried; tears rolled down her cheeks. "It hurts!"

Emily kneeled down in front of Jessica and gently grabbed her hand. "Calm down, Jessica. It's going to be okay."

Jessica looked into Emily's eyes and saw worry and concern. They were also warm, and caring. Jessica had felt that Emily didn't care for her anymore. But now, that changed. Jessica nodded and she breathed in and out.

Emily smiled a little at Jessica for a moment, then said. "I'm going to take you and Evan to the hospital. We're going to take good care of you."

Jessica nodded again. Then Emily stood up and looked towards Michael's parents.

"Michael, stay with your parents and have dinner. It's ready by the way." Emily said.

Emily then looked at Michael and he said. "Em, I'll go with you." He then looked at his parents and said. "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry but we have to go. We'll call you later."

Alice and Robert looked stunned. But they nodded. Alice grabbed her purse and as she walked towards the front door, she stopped and looked at Jessica.

"Jessica, I am so sorry for everything I said. I hope everything is okay." Alice said.

Jessica was still angry at Alice to respond and also, she was so scared that something was going to happen to her baby.

Alice hung her head and walked out of the house. She had really took in what Jessica had said and was now feeling horrible about the things she had said about Jessica, Evan and their baby.

Emily told Michael to check that everything was off in the kitchen and put away while she helped Jessica and Evan out the door. Phil followed close behind.

Soon Michael came rushing out of the house and met everyone by Jessica's car.

"Michael, I'm going to drive Jessica's car. You go in ours and meet us at the hospital." Emily said.

Michael nodded and he got into their car while Evan helped Jessica into the back seat.

Emily got into the driver side of the car and Phil in the passenger side. Soon, they were on their way to the hospital.

"Jessica, how are you feeling? Are you still in any pain?" Emily asked when they got to a red light.
"A bit of pain. It's dull." Jessica said as she held Evan's hand while the other she had it placed on her belly. "I'm just so scared." Tears rolled down her cheeks.
"It's going to be okay, Jessica." Emily said as she turned to give Jessica a reassuring smile. "Don't worry."

Jessica smiled a little and she took a deep breath in then let it out.

Emily then turned back around in time for the light to turn green.

Jessica laid her head on Evan's shoulder and he held her close. He didn't know what to say because he was just as scared. He was trying to keep calm on the outside while on the inside, he was screaming.

Soon they arrived at the hospital. Emily dropped off Jessica, Evan and Phillip in the front of the emergency room, so Jessica could be helped faster, while she went to find a parking spot.

Phil took over then and asked for help. He could tell Evan was not able to help Jessica at this moment. Other than holding her hand.

They got Jessica into a wheelchair and immediately brought her to the back. Emily and Michael had ran into the hospital and saw them take Jessica to the back area. So, they decided to stay in the waiting room.

Dr. Davis was working a shift and was immediately paged.

By the time Dr. Davis got to the room Jessica was waiting in, Jessica was already dressed in a hospital gown. She laid anxiously on a hospital bed.

"Jessica, what's going on?" Dr. Davis asked.
"I, uh....I started having this pain. It really hurt." Jessica said. "I still feel a bit of pain and I'm so scared something bad is happening to my baby."

"Okay, lets get you situated and see what's going on." Dr. Davis said calmly as she went to work to help Jessica.

Phil pulled Evan aside for a moment and gave him a little pep talk. He then told Evan that he was going to the waiting room to give Jessica her privacy as she was examined.

Evan nodded and calmed down some then went back to Jessica's side.

Phil stepped outside the room to find Emily and Michael to update them. He then waited with them in the waiting room.

Back in the room, after examining Jessica and the baby, Dr. Davis came to a conclusion of what was wrong with Jessica. She had done a ultrasound and various tests.

A fetal monitor was now placed around Jessica's belly, the baby's heartbeat could be heard throughout the room. She listened intently to what Dr. Davis was saying and held onto Evan's hand for comfort.

"Jessica, your blood pressure is a little high, so we have to keep an eye on that." Dr. Davis began. "But other than that, you and your baby are just fine. You are not dilated. The pain you experienced was Braxton Hicks Contractions."

"What is that?" Evan asked before Jessica could respond.
Dr. Davis turned to Evan with a reassuring smile and said. "Braxton Hicks contractions are the body's way of preparing for child birth. They can be painful but be rest assured, they are not the real thing."

Jessica breathed a sigh of relief to know she was not in labor and that her baby was going to be okay.

"So, for now..." Dr. Davis said turning back to Jessica. "...I am going to keep you here over night just as a precaution. I'm going to have them move you to assigned room in a few minutes. If everything goes well, I will release you in the morning. You both can relax now. It's all going be okay." Dr. Davis gave them a reassuring smile then left the room.

Jessica laid her head back against the pillow and cried in relief. One hand stroking her belly while the other held onto Evan.

Jessica calmed down and looked at Evan. "You okay, Evan?" She squeezed his hand gently.

Evan nodded, his eyes filled with worry. Jessica wiped her tears away then placed her hand back on her belly.

"Hey..." Jessica said softly. "The baby and I are going to be okay."
"But...but you were in pain." Evan said. "I...I don't want to see you in pain."

"Awe, Evan." Jessica said as she placed her hand on Evan's cheek. "I know you don't want to see me in pain. But that is what's going to happen when I go into labor. I am going to be in a lot of pain. We need to sign up for a Lamaze class as soon as we can. I think this class will help a lot and help you and I be better prepared for everything that involves labor and delivery. Until then, don't worry, okay. We're going to be just fine."

Evan closed his eyes and sighed. He then opened his eyes and gently grabbed Jessica's hand that was on his cheek and placed a kiss on her hand.

Evan was still worried because he didn't know what to expect. He just hoped he would learn a lot during their Lamaze class.

I hope you are all still liking this story.

Would like to know what you all would like to see next or what do you want to happen during their Lamaze class? Please comment!