My World

*October 8*
*8 and a half months pregnant*
*3 weeks till due date*

The baby's nursery was now finished. Evan, with the help of Phil and Michael, had painted the room. They then put all the furniture together and Jessica told them where she wanted things to go.

The baby's closet was filled with some clothes and it was stocked with diapers and wipes.

Now she stood back and had tears rolling down her cheeks. One hand on her belly, the other over mouth.

Now that the nursery was done and everything was in its place, it now felt so real for Jessica and anticipation of holding her daughter in her arms was overwhelming.

Evan put his arm around Jessica's shoulder and brought her close to him.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly.
Jessica nodded her head yes. She then put her hand down and said. "I'm more than okay. The room is beautiful. Thank you, Evan."
She hugged him tight then kissed his lips.

She then walked over to Phil and Michael who both stood back to give Jessica a moment to take in the room.

"Thank you, Phil and Michael for helping Evan." She said as she hugged Phil then Michael. "I really appreciate this."
"You're welcome." Phil said then Michael with smiles on their faces.

Jessica turned around and said. "I can't wait to bring her home."

Everyone smiled; they were all so happy for Jessica and Evan. Phil was more than excited to be a grandfather. He couldn't wait to meet his granddaughter. His heart aches that his wife wasn't here for this moment in Evan's life and to meet their grandchild together.

But he knew Julie was smiling down at them and already had met their grandchild. That's the thought that, in a way, eased his mind. Julie was taking care of their grandchild until it was time for the baby to come join them on earth.

Today was Friday and Jessica and Evan were getting ready to drive up to the beach house.

Saturday was October 10th; it was Evan's and Jessica's first year wedding anniversary.

They wanted to spend their first anniversary by themselves. Sunday when they got back home, Sarah was having a get together with close friends and family to celebrate with a late lunch.

Evan packed up the car while Jessica said goodbye to Sarah and Lily. They would be taking care of Lola for the weekend.

Soon, Jessica locked the house and got into the drivers seat. Her belly touched the steering wheel and she chuckled.

She quickly adjusted the seat with Evan's help of course. Before turning the car on, she made sure she was still able to touch the foot pedals and was comfortable.

Finally she turned on the car and pulled out of the driveway.

Once they got on the road, Evan turned on the radio. A mix tape of their favorite songs now played.

Bands and musical artists such as Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Cure and the Culture Club were on the mix tape.

They sang along to the songs and the baby was moving to the music. To Jessica, it felt as if she was dancing inside the womb. The baby would get much more active when Stevie Nicks came on. Jessica joked that the baby was already a Stevie fan.

When Jessica mentioned that the baby was dancing, Evan reached over and put his hand on her belly. He smiled wide as he felt the baby wiggle around.

Once they arrived, they stretched out and Evan told Jessica he would get their bags. Which wasn't much.

Jessica stayed outside beside the car and rubbed her back with one hand while holding her belly in the other.