25|the dragon queen

"You were taught to fight as a child?" Daenerys asked as Missandei began to unbraid her hair. Lya sat a little to the left of her, nodding at the question. She stirred nervously though as her few were somewhere out there. She hadn't decided if she could fully trust the Targaryen's people. If her men out there were killed she would stand no chance with Sunfyre being so small and Daenys being with her people. "I've heard stories about the honorable Ned Stark. I am sorry to hear of his death, my lady."

"Yes. He was an honorable man." Lya murmured and let Sunfyre tug at her hair lightly with her mouth. Daenerys watches the pair with a small smile and waves Missandei away who bows lowly before scurrying out of the tent. Lyanna made a mental note to speak to the girl as she seemed very interesting.

"Tell me Lyanna Stark. Why are you really here?" Daenerys stand up, brushing out her long silver hair with her fingertips. Lya blushes slightly as the woman begins to take off the silk robe.

"I need somewhere to let my dragon grow before I go and help my brother win the war against the Lannisters. Then I need to avenge a few people." Lya says as the Targaryen lets the robe drop, standing still for a moment. The Stark locks eyes with her, refusing to look anywhere else.

"I think our interests will align quite nicely." Daenerys Targaryen says as she stepped into the bath. "How well do you fight?"

"Quite well I say for myself." Lya scoffs, the tension leaving her as the woman slipped under the water. "I'm trained in archery and swordsmanship."

"You will be a good asset to my army." The dragon queen mutters. Lya glares slightly and stands up.

"Excuse me, Your Grace. But I am not a soldier. I'm not going to risk my friends lives for someone who I don't know if we should be fighting for." Lya bows to the Queen before turning around.

"Stop." Daenerys commands. Lya plants her feet, refusing to turn around. Sunfyre nuzzles her head, sensing the tense feeling within the room. "What must I do to earn your loyalty?"

"Show me you are just and right to rule. Not just another person with a royal title who expects to get the iron throne." Lya says, looking back at the woman. "Show me you can break the wheel."

Daenys whimpers as Lya touches the old wound on her stomach. "Come on girl. I need to make sure you're alright." Lyanna whispers to the giant wolf and kisses her muzzle. Daenys lays down with a huff patiently. Lya picks up the alcohol from beside them. "This will hurt." She said as she carefully poured it over to disinfect the wound. The wolf grumbles but does not move.

"It's a wonder she survived." A light voice says as they walk into the tent. Daenys lets out a small growl but does not move. Lyanna looks back at Daenerys with a glare before letting out a sigh.