52|the fall away

Lya lets out a sigh, feeling content as she looks out. Her eyes catch Bran's as he stares at her. His eyes unmoving. She decides to go talk to him. Lya maneuvers around the excited people, finding her way back to her brother.

"Bran." She smiles. "How are you?" Bran just stares.

"I don't feel much anymore. So I guess fine." Lya raises an eyebrow, opening her mouth and closing it multiple times before responding.

"Do you know where Arya is?" Lya questions as she looks around.

"With Robert's bastard." Lya sees her then, sitting at a table with a half smile as she watched Gendry tell some miraculous story, waving his arms around as he told it.

"I'll talk to Dany about legitimizing him. I think they could be happy. Arya would love storms end." Lya looked back at her brother, noticing his stare.

"There is something you need to know Lyanna." Hearing her full name on his lips was strange. It didn't seem like he was talking to her, but a ghost from the past. "Take Jon to the crypts tonight. You'll understand then."

"Uh. Okay I guess." Lya mutters, turning away and making her way to Arya. She came behind her, messing up her hair and smiling as the younger girl looked up to her. She was much stronger and her face was harder as she had grown. But as soon as she saw Lya's face, her eyes softened.

"Lya. Have you met Gendry?" Arya stands and so does the old King's bastard. He reaches out a hand awkwardly.

"Gendry," he greets. "Roberts bastard." She could see the resemblance clearly. Bright blue eyes and dark hair. Lya looks between him and Arya as she shakes his hand firmly, connecting the dots easily.

"It's nice to meet you, Gendry. Can I talk to my sister for a moment?" Lya didn't wait for an answer before pulling her to the side. She pulls her into a small hall and smiles. "So how was he?"

"What?" Arya spits out in confusion.

"Oh come on. He must have been good. He's cute." She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and Arya hits her shoulder.

"Hey!" Arya rolls her eyes at her sister's teasing but her heart warms. "How'd you know?"

"It's written all over your face little sister." Lya puts a hand on Arya's shoulder and sighs. "I thought you never wanted to be a lady?"

"I don't. But this is different. He's a bastard. And I... I love him. I think anyway." Lya nods.

"Well is it worth being a lady? He's the last Baratheon. Dany has no choice but to legitimize him at this point." Arya thinks silently for a moment before smiling up at her sister.

"He wouldn't make me be a lady. I wouldn't have to be perfect for him." Arya decided, putting her hand absently in the blade at her hip. When Arya first heard the news of Lya killing the Night King after being bed ridden from her injuries, it sobered her up pretty quick. The pride she felt for her sister was overwhelming. But worry still lingered, What if she had been killed?

"Exactly. You could still travel the world and kill people if you want." Lya teases, nudging her knuckles against Arya's chin like she used to. This makes the younger Stark smile and Lya sigh contently at the sight. "I've missed you sister. It's been too long."

"You left me with Sansa. How dare you?" Arya jokes before pulling her sister into a hard hug.

"I hope she wasn't too hard on you?" Lya recalled how much trouble Sansa would put Arya into. How Jeyne would always call Arya horse face. That was until the Poole found spiders and horse shit in her pillow case, courtesy of Lya. It sent a pretty clear message.