Chapter nineteen: The diary...

The next few days everyone steered clear of Harry. All but his Slytherin friends and Evan. Even Theo was staying away from him. He still sat with them at breakfast but he wasn't his normal self and was always on edge. 

It was currently Saturday and Harry was wondering around the castle aimlessly when he heard a cry. More of a loud moaning cry. None the less Harry decided to check it out, with a killer on the loose petrifying people he felt it was the right thing to do.

Once the crying got louder Harry realized it was near the abandoned girls bathroom. Harry remembered when Hermione spent a full day crying in the bathroom because of that Weasly boy so he decided to see if they were okay. Harry knocked on the door and the crying instantly stopped and a small "Come in." Was heard.

Once Harry came inside he realized it was a ghost that had been crying. 

"Are you okay? I heard crying." Harry stated softly. 

The crying instantly started again as she cry yelled, "I was just sitting there, think- thinking about-t death when it hit me." 

"What hit you?" Harry asked

"A-A b-book."

"A book?"

"Yes-s someone threw it right through my head." She cried.

"That's awful." Harry said sadly.

She stopped crying and looked at Harry, "How kind of you no one ever listens to me."

Harry looked sadly at Myrtle and said, "Well I will change that, I'm Harry Potter and you are?"

She smiled and replied, "Myrtle but everyone calls me moaning Myrtle." She sniffed.

"People can be mean but don't let it get to you." Harry said with a smile.

"I like you a lot!' Myrtle beamed and Harry smiled back.]

Harry's eyes drifted to the black book lying on the ground.

"Hey Myrtle if you want I can try track down who threw the book at you and tell them to stop harassing you."Harry offered.

"I would like that very much!" 

"Cool well I will tell you when I have a lead/ I know who threw it at you." Harry smiled and grabbed the book off the ground. 

"Thanks Harry don't forget to come visit!"

"I won't bye Myrtle!" Harry waved as he left.

Walking back to the Slytherin dorms Harry started to inspect the book only to stop when he saw the name engraved in gold on the front. "Tom Mavelo Riddle." Harry whispered astounded. 

"Look who it is, the heir of Slytherin, I bet Mommy and Daddy are so disappointed!" Burst Ron's voice.

"Excuse me?" Harry asked.

"You heard me it's pathetic, Hogwarts may be closed down because of you, rest assured I will find evidence and you will be in Azkaban quicker than you can say Guilty!" 

"Is that a threat?" Harry asked.

"Nope it's a promise." Ron said arrogantly.

"Good luck keeping it." Harry said as he turned and headed for the Slytherin dorms.

Once Harry was out of view from the boys he continued running to the dorms excited to look at the diary of Tom Riddle and to see just what he could uncover. 

Once he was in his room and the door was locked he threw himself onto the desk chair and rapidly opened the diary. Only to discover that all of the pages were blank.