Chapter 28

Erza (POV)
Grey- I don't if it's just me but the name Zeref sounds familiar.
Erza- I'm sure. He was a legendary black wizard.
Lucy- Wait a minute. I remember someone saying the monster that came out of the Lullaby flute was one of Zeref's demons.
Erza- Then Seth mentioned Deliora was demon from the book of Zeref as well.
Juvia- If this wizard is as evil as you say, then why would Jellal want to resurrect him?
Erza- I don't understand his motives either. However, my old friend Sho said something to me about Zeref getting them to Heaven. And when that happens, the world will be reborn, and they'll become it's rulers.
Lucy- Ok, there's one thing that confuses me about these people who claim to be old friends of yours. Why are they confusing you of betraying them? Don't they realize Jellal's the bad guy here?
Erza- It's not their fault. I'm sure he fed them all sorts lies about me once I left. That doesn't change the fact that I abandoned them so long ago. In the end I guess you could say I did betray them.
Lucy- Because he threatened to kill them if you ever came back! You couldn't have saved them!
Erza- None of that matters anymore. If I can defeat Jellal, it'll all be over. Leave it to me ok?
Grey *mind*- Why do I get the feeling she's hiding something?
We hear footsteps come our way and we see it's Sho.
Sho- Sister, that's not true. Why? Why are you lying to them?
Erza- Sho....
Sho- You think that making yourself the martyr , you're gonna get sympathy from your friends? Tell them the truth! That's not how it happened and you know it! You blew up the boats we were gonna use to escape. And them you left on your own. We would've ended up at the bottom of the sea if it hadn't been for Jellal. He saved us. He warned us not to trust wizards like you, who haven't learned to use their magic properly. He said that you had become drunk off of magical power, and you didn't want anything to do with your past or the people you left behind!
Grey- Did you ever think, he might be lying?
Lucy- Of you truly knew Erza, then you'd know she'd never do something so horrible.
Sho- You only think you know her. You weren't there back then. You don't know anything about us! After you left, Jellal's words were my only salvation. And that's why I spent all these years working to finish the tower for him. I did it for his sake. Now you're trying to tell me that it was all a lie? You really expect me to believe you're telling the truth and Jellal's been lying to us this whole time?
???- That's right.
Black mist appears and out of it comes Simon.
Grey- Why you...
Juvia- Wait. He doesn't pose a threat my dear. He never meant you any harm. At the resort, he knew he was attacking your ice decoy.
Grey- But how?
Juvia- Since it was he who casted the darkness spell, it had no effect on him. I came along on the hopes of discovering why he'd chosen to spare you.
Simon- I'd expect no less from a member of Phantom's Element Four.
Sho- I don't understand.
Simon- I had to fool you into thinking I'd killed him, but I'd hoped  out attack would lure them here.
Sho- So you were lying too? How could you do that to me?
Simon- (puts hand on Shi'a shoulder) I'm sorry. Jellal has you under a spell, and I couldn't convince you otherwise. So I played along till the time was right.
Erza- So you knew all along.
Simon- I've always believed in you, Erza. And there's nothing that could change that. I mean those words from the bottom of my heart.
I give him a quick hug.
Author: Sad music

Sho- I never knew. I can't believe I blindly followed him all these years. I doubted you cause you left me all alone! You have no idea how much that hurt!
He falls to his hands and knees and starts sobbing to his hearts content.
Sho- I don't know what to do! I don't even know which one of you I should believe anymore!
I walk over to him and crouch down.
Erza- I know it must be difficult to take this all in at once. But Sho, there's something that you should know. Though it's been many years, I have never once forgotten about any of you. (Pulls him into a hug) I'm sorry I couldn't stand up to them. But I was so weak back then. Please forgive me.
Simon- Now you're stronger and ready to face him. Isn't that right? I've waited all these years for this very moment, when a group of powerful wizards would gather here.
Lucy- So what do you have planned?
Simon- We're gonna take down Jellal. We can do it if we work together. But first, we must keep salamander and Wally from clashing and we also need to free The God Slayer.
Author: That's the end of this chapter. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it