Chapter 29

Seth (POV)
I'm still strapped to this pole of mine when Jellal came over the intercom.
Jellal (intercom)- I welcome you to the tower of heaven. My name is Jellal and I am the ruler of this tower. I see the players have been arranged. I'm delighted you've come all this way to see me.
Seth *mind*- Must be talking about the others. They're here.
Jellal- Shall we play a round of heaven's game? The rules are really simple. I wish to use Erza and Seth Alighieri as a sacrifice in my ceremony to resurrect Lord Zeref. If I succeed, the gates of Heaven will open, crowning my victory. However, if you can find a way to stop me, you will be the winners of this game. To make things a little more interesting, I've enlisted three knights to battle on my behalf. The only way to get to me is if you can defeat them. In other words, a three on eight battle royale. Potentially nine if you manage to locate Seth and rescue him. And there's one more surprise. The magic council has the satellite square aimed directly over this tower, and its highly likely they'll attack. At this very moment, they're in the midst on whether they should fire an etherion blast. There's no telling how much time is left. Should the etherion strike, complete annihilation is imminent. No players left to win. Game over.
Seth *mind*- This dude's fucked in the head!
Jellal- Now then, let the game begin.
Seth- Fuck! I need to get outta here!
I start yanking in my chain trying to get free.
Torturer- Will you stop all that racket! He turns all the high voltage.
Seth- Ahhhh!!!! Fuck you!!
He stops zapping me with his torture device.
Torturer- Maybe I should cut out your tongue. Maybe then you'll shut up.
He grabs a large knife and he slowly walks over to me.
Seth- Do...your....worst.
Torturer- Gladly.
Once he gets close enough, I kick very hard in the balls and he drops the knife and goes down. I catch the knife in between my feet and I and make my body do some sort of backflip to get my legs to my chain. A little bit of cutting and I'm free.
Jellal (intercom)- Well well well. Looks like you guys are getting a 9th player after all. Seth Alighieri has now entered the fray.
Seth- Yeah and I'm coming to kick your ass!!
Seth *mind*- Gotta find him and the others.
I limply run out of the room and down a corridor.
Seth *mind*- I ain't letting you hurt Erza Jellal. You're mine!
Flashback to when he was still a kid
I was sitting on in the grass overlooking the lake just enjoying the view. I heard rustling in the bushes behind me so I turned around and I saw the eyepatched scarlet haired girl come out of them. She was crying.
Seth- Hello. You're the new recruit. I'm kinda new myself. Why are you crying.
Girl- It's none of your business! Leave me alone!!
Seth-.....You're just like me.
Girl- What?! You don't know anything about me!
Seth- I can see it in your eye. You've lost people haven't you. That's okay because I've lost people as well. You're acting just like me when I first arrived here. I was hurt, and I didn't trust anybody because I was afraid. Afraid that if I opened up to people they'll leave me I'll be left a alone again.
I look to the sunset over the lake.
Seth- You see this sunset? Think of it like this. Every sunset is another day less that we have to live. And each sunrise also gives us another day to hope for the better. Now to be honest with you, I don't know if that cheered you up at all, but I do have arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and I have a heart; a heart that wants to put a smile that's probably been missing for so long back on that face of yours.
I give her a toothy smile just for extra measure.
Girl *mind*- This boy....
She comes closer to me and sits down next to me.
Seth- What's your name kid?
Girl- It's Erza...
Seth- Erza huh? What a pretty name. I'm Seth. Say, would you like to be my friend? I could see that you need some.
She slowly nods her head yes.
Seth- Well alright then, from hence forth you and me shall be friends.
Erza- (smiles a little) I would love that.
Present time
Seth- I promise! You're not gonna sacrifice her! You hear me?! Jellal!!!!
Author: That's the end of this one. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it and I'll see y'all in the next one. Indigo Prince over and out.