Slap n the Face

Ms.Kim Pov

"Alright, goodnight," I said to the last of the Jahbari's guests that came for the party. "Thank you for coming." I said with a forced smile on my face.

I waved goodbye after seeing them get into their vehicles and driving down the block to wherever there destinations were. I slammed the door furious at how tonight had turned out. Tonight's events were the complete opposite of how I imagined things would go, and Jahbari proposing to Latoya was definitely the opposite.

Jahbari had left almost a half hour ago to drop off little Miss prissy home. He was due back at any minute now and boy when he returned you better believe I was going to have his head. I really don't understand this boy anymore. I mean it was like this boy went off to college and changed into a whole different person.

First, he doesn't keep in contact with Laila, then, he cheats with Latoya, and now he's getting married. I mean when we talked the other day he never said once mentioned that he was ever planning to ask Latoya to marry him, no scratch that he never talked about marriage period. No, he shouldn't be thinking about marriage now. He just graduated he need to worry about finding a fucking job and saving up. That's what he fucking needs to do.

I can't believe he had some nerve to propose to that little whore at this party. I really couldn't believe it. I wasn't in the room when he proposed in front of all of those guests but you better believe it as soon as I got word of the news my mouth dropped and I ran out as fast as I could to see for myself. And when I saw all the people around them smiling, embracing, and congratulating them I really wanted to scream at the top of my lungs no.

Then the little bitch had the audacity to wave her hand in my face showing off her ring. You don't know how fucking bad I really wanted to cut her fingers off and tell the bitch that she better not hold her mutherfucking breath because someone else who was dear to my sons heart will be wearing that ring she sported soon.

Laila...., my mind went back to her.

I stopped pacing back in forth in the living room, "Poor thing," I said. "I invited her to see Bari so that maybe they could patch things up and then the dick had to pull this shit off," I said getting angry all over again. After learning that my son was now newly engaged I tried looking for Laila but she was nowhere to be found. I was sure that the proposal had caused her to run her off again. And just like the last time I had no numbers for her so I couldn't call her to see if everything was okay.

I took a deep breath. She had had to come here to really work things out with him. I can only imagine her leaving because she felt some kind of hurt. Why do this boy always mess shit up with her? I asked myself as I resumed pacing back and forth.

"Baby," I heard my husband Leroy calling me. "Why are you pacing back in forth like a mad woman?"he asked me.

I turned around and gave him the eye, "Why?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. "You're son has managed to mess shit up again!" I barked. "This is the second time he messes things up with Laila." I told him.

"Laila?" he asks me.

"Yes," I barked. The front door opens and slams and Bari walks into the living room where Leroy and I are. I slapped his face and began to punch on him. He tried to stop my hits but he was no match for me. Muscles or no muscle I can still beat his ass.

"Ma," He screamed. "What's up with you hitting on me?!" he yelled at me.

"You are my problem," I yelled slapping him. "Son, I don't know what's your fucking problem but you're messing everything up. You have some nerve proposing to that bitch—"

"Don't call her that." He said interjecting.

"I can call her anything I want. Ho, cunt, dike, whore, bitch, prostitute, whatever I feel like calling her." I said shaking my head disappointed in him. He and my husband just stared at me as if they had never seen me act in this kind of behavior. I turned back to them making my way to exit the living room.

"Laila was here,"