we trust .

five months later .

Pushing the cart out of frozen food aisle at Wal-mart, Laila and I walked straight ahead towards the produce section. As I we passed the cereal aisle Laila said, "Oh, I almost forgot," she smacked her forehead. "I forgot Tarahji's class is having a party tomorrow. I need to go to the snack aisle and get something. You need anything?" she asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It doesn't matter," I told her. "Pick out whatever you want." She nodded her. "You go ahead and do that. I'll pick up some stuff in produce," I told her. She walked away and headed towards the direction of the snack and cereal aisle, while I pushed towards produce.

I went straight for the banana section, picking out the right one and then on to get some grapes and apples. As I did so I couldn't help but think how well things were between Laila and I. Ever since that night we made love... things between us has been great. I can't keep my hands off her, and she vice versa. We communicate more; we make decisions together, and our love for each other have grown so much stronger.

My relationship with Tarahji is great. We've formed a very special bond with each other in the last couple of months. We laugh, spend time with each other, learn from each other, and play around with each other. And with each passing minute that I'm with her, I love her more than I did the previous minute. I loved my daughter, and I can't imagine what my life would've been like if I hadn't known of her existence. I just hate that I had to find out about her the way I did, but we've all moved passed that.

I'm focusing on my next project now. I'm thinking about asking Laila to marry me. I really want her to be my wife, so that she, Tarahji and I can share one roof like a real happy family is supposed to. Everything was just so perfect. Nothing was in our way now to stop us from marrying.

I placed the grapes in the cart, and was just about to walk towards the salad and spinach area when a pregnant woman bumped into me, "Sorry," the lady said.

I looked up at the lady and nodded my head, "It's co—" I stopped mid-sentence realizing that the woman that I had just bumped into was none other than Latoya. With wide eyes I sized her up while she smiled and began to rub her stomach. I shook my head couldn't believe who I was seeing. Latoya pregnant... rubbing her belly. She didn't get rid of the baby.

"What's up, Jay?" she asked me as I began to look around to see if Laila was in view. I frowned shaking my head. I can't believe this trick. I know I said I didn't want her baby, and pops talked some sense into me and all... I just thought that she would've long gone abort this baby by now since I never went to talk to her. I bet this bitch is still holding on to this baby because she thinks I'm gonna come running back to her ass. Well, shit that ain't happening.

"No, the question is why are you here... and pregnant?" I asked her.

She giggled, "Shopping," she said still rubbing her huge belly. "Why else do people come to Wal-mart for?" she asked me.

"You know exactly what I mean by that." I told her. "Why are you still pregnant after I told you to get rid of it?" I asked her.

Her smile quickly turned into a frown, "Look, I know I said that I was going to abort this baby... but I've decided that I want to keep it. So—"

"You think you're slick, huh?" I asked her. "You're keeping this baby because you think I'm gonna just run to you and take of some baby that may not be mine."

She shook her head and was just about to say something when Laila came walking towards me. She put the snacks in the buggy, "Alright, baby," she said. "I got Tee's snack, chips ahoy, and M&M's that you love so much ." She said pointing at each item that she had placed in the cart. She looked back up and realized that I was not alone. "Oh," she said looking at Latoya.