BLOW steam .

BLOW steam .

I parked the car into the empty parking lot and unbuckled my seat belt. I pulled out my phone that was on my clip, and then searched for the name that I was looking for in my contact list. When my eyes landed on it pressed the telephone button and placed the phone against my ears as it dialed and ringed. I waited a few seconds before the person answered. "Hello," My cousin said greeting me on the line.

"Hey, can you meet me somewhere?" I asked him.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered. "Yeah, man," he said clearing his throat. "Where at?" It was nearly three a.m in the morning and I was out here. I had so much on my mind that I couldn't sleep. So, I thought that I should come down here so I can play some hoops and burn some steam.

"I'm at the courts by my moms," I said informing him. I heard him moving around in the background, "Come prepared to play." I told him.

"Alright man," he said. "I'll be there in twenty." He informed me. I nodded my head as if he were actually here to see me nod. I hung up the phone without saying goodbye. I just got out of the car and walked out of the car with the orange basketball in my hands to the basketball court.

I started bouncing the ball on the ground and with the ball I went to the hoop and deposited the ball into it. I played like that by myself for the next few twenty minutes until Andrew arrived. I heard footsteps walking towards me and then a chuckle after the person had stopped walking. The person was laughing because I had missed an easy lay-up.

I looked back at him, "You gone play or you gonna just watch me play?" I asked him. He walked towards me dapped me up and positioned himself in front of me to play. I threw the ball to him and he passed it back to me and then I dribbled the ball on the ground and tried to go to the basket but Drew stole the ball from me and went the opposite direction to where the other basketball hoop was and did an easy lay-up.

I didn't even try to run after him down the court, instead I watched as the ball came down the net and walked over towards the ball which had rolled over towards the gates. "Where's you're a-game at nigga?" He asked me when I came back and positioned myself in front of him to play. I ignored him and played ball with him for the next twenty minutes without words being exchange.

Sweat trickled down my chin and down to my beater as I took the lead towards the bleachers to sit down. He sat down next to me and handed me a water bottle I nodded my thanks and gulped down the water within seconds. We sat next to each other in silence. The only noise between us was our heavy breathing and movements. Other than that it was just cars passing by.

"Thanks for meeting me here this early." I said finally breaking the silence. "I just need to get some things off my chest and need some advice." I told him the reason for getting him out of his bed so early in the morning. Ever since he told me about Toya cheating I'd say we've gotten a lot closer than before. We were cool. He was the only person right now that I felt is being completely honest with me right now.

He nodded his head, "What' on ya mind?" he asked with his slang.

I shrugged, "A lot of shit." I told him. "I'm not even sweating Toya cheating on me too much anymore." I didn't even really feel like explaining to him what happened that day when I confronted her. "It's just..." I started shaking my head. "I think she's pregnant. But I'm not sure if it's mine or his. I don't want to be one of those people who deny their child... but I don't think if she is really pregnant that that baby is mine." I told him.

He nodded his head, "And then this thing with Laila," he said going on to the next thing that was on my mind. "She was keeping this secret from me for almost five years because she was scared to tell me and because she was only trying to protect me. And it wasn't as if right off she told me when I did come back. She waited until something bad to happen to really tell me the truth." I said summarizing it all.