Jealous ?

I placed Tarahji little body into her bed after I had undressed her from her jeans and t-shirt and into her pajamas. I rubbed her forehead just looking down at her. She was really starting to resemble more and more of her father than I lately. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead goodnight and walked out of her room. Sighing, I walked back towards the living room to finish watching one of my favorite movies Just Wright.

It seemed like the minute I plopped down on the couch the house phone wanted to ring. I cursed underneath my breath not happy at all at the caller, why couldn't you have called before I sat down? I thought not wanting to get up and answer it. All I really wanted to do was to just curl up, watch the movie, and pretend that the situation that I was in didn't exist. But, I knew that would be hard to ignore since the sources of my problem was in the room next to me and down the hall.

I thought about not getting up to answer the phone, and after the third ring I just shrugged my shoulders and thought fuck it, let the damn machine get it. I sat back on the couch. Grabbing the bowl of popcorn that I had made earlier onto my lap. I'll just call them back tomorrow or whenever I can. I turned my attention back towards the movie that was playing.

When the phone stopped ringing and the machine came on the person hung up and didn't bother to leave a message. Well, I guess it wasn't that important, I said in my head. Two minutes later my phone rang again and I rolled my eyes. What? I sighed pausing the movie for like the third time tonight. I got up from the couch and walked over to the ringing phone sluggishly. Whoever it was better have something important to say or it better be an emergency.

I picked up the phone to read the Caller Identification and rolled my eyes at the caller, Alicia. I pressed the talk button and huffed into the phone, "WHAT?!" I yelled at her. I was still mad at her for the stunt she almost tried last week.

"Well, hello to you too heifer." She said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?" I asked starting to get impatient.

"Miranda wanted to know if you were home—"

"Why?" I asked.

"Aye, you better calm that down with all that damn attitude." She told me. "We're coming over. That's why." She said.

"I'm not feeling you guys coming over. So, it's better if you two just stayed where you guys are at—"

"Trick, it's not an option and we ain't asking. We're telling you that we're coming over." She told me. "So, be ready to open the damn door for us when we get there." She told me.

"Fine," I said rolling my eyes. I hung up the phone on her face and plopped back down on the couch and resumed watching the movie. I really didn't want these two over. I know it's gone be the same shit again. Same old conversation. Alicia riding me about me not telling Jay about Tarahji. We argue. We almost get into a fight. And Miranda trying to pull us apart. Shits starting to really get old and irritating. All I just want is for us to go back to the way things used to be before Bari decided to move back.

Fifteen minutes later my doorbell rang. I slowly got up from couch and pausing the movie again before making my way over towards to open the door for those two heifers. Miranda gave me a kiss on my cheek and hug before coming in, as for Alicia we just stared at each other. I could tell that she really didn't want to be here also. She knew good as well as me that it was just going to be the same shit.

I closed the door behind her as soon as she was in and walked back to my comfortable spot on the couch. "So, why are you guys here?" I asked with one eyebrow rose as I pressed play to resume the movie. I don't know why I even bothered to continue to watch the movie. I was sure that I would not be enjoying the rest of this movie, not if these two were around. I sighed shaking my head.