heart-Warminq .

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/Diva_092/The%20LoveChild%20Story/JahbariSamuels.png

Laila stared at my fiancé with pure hatred in her eyes. I could tell she was ready to take on Latoya if she said one more foul shit. Chill, I said to her with my eyes. She sighed and let Latoya's comment slide this time. But, I knew if Latoya said one more thing that rubbed her the wrong way, she will not be safe. And I will gladly not step in between the two because she had it coming.

Laila started walking towards the living room, but not before telling me, you handle that trick before she gets beat the fuck down. I nodded my head letting her know that I got it under control. As soon as Laila was out of earshot and a few seconds had past I heard my flat screen television cut on. I turned to look at Latoya who was now trying to look busy by slicing up the fruits and checking on the appetizers that Laila had put in five minutes ago.
Toya wasn't one who really cooked. She only knew how to make only two things well: mac and cheese and potato salad. Anything else was up to me to make, or going to a restaurant or my mama's. Latoya believed that learning how to cook was a waste of time especially since she ate mostly ate takeout from her favorite restaurant Pollo Tropical on a regular.

And besides that, she even went as far as to tell me that even if she did know how to cook really well, she was not going to be the one to make supper every night for a man. And yes it was one of the many subjects that we argued about. Of course I disagreed with her. I told her that I agreed with her to an extent, woman didn't have to always cook suppers every night. I told her that we could alternate, someone could cook once a week or every other week alternate the cook or whenever one is not feeling well, but she disagreed. She even declined my offer to pay for her cooking lessons.

I sighed, "You know that was really uncalled for." I told her nodding my head. I walked towards the stool which was at a table in the kitchen. She continued to move around in the kitchen as if I hadn't said anything to her. "You hear me, Toya?" I asked calling for her attention.

"Hmmm," she said looking at me and completely stopping what she was doing.

"That was foul what you said to her." I told her. She shrugged her shoulders as if what I said didn't faze her. "I invited her over so that she could help me because you were running late." I told her. "You didn't have to be all rude to her for trying to help." I told her. "The least you could've said was say thank you to her." I told her.

She stopped what she was doing and looked at me. "Say thank you for what?" she asked me. "I didn't call the heifer over here to do anything for me. You did." She told me now stopping what she was doing and looking at me. "And I specifically remember the last time the trick was here, that I didn't want this trick here—"

I cut her off, "Now, you gone stop right there," I told her. "This is my place. I pay the bills up in here, not you." I said reminding her. "I can have anyone that I choose to—"

"Look," she said holding up her hand up in the air trying to calm down just a little bit, "All I did was call you and tell you that I was going to be a little late. Now, I didn't say go and ask her to come over and help out." She said reminding me. I shook my head. "What?" she asked me. "Are you really upset at me? Do you want me to call the bitch back in here, and act all fake telling her that I appreciate her for stepping in for me?" she asked rhetorically. "Because I can handle this." She said shaking her head.

My jaw muscles flexed as my teeth gritted together. See this is the same exact bullshit ass problem I have with her. She knows when she's wrong, but she won't own up to it and apologize. I was about to say something about her attitude when the doorbell rang. I shut my mouth and stood up from my seat to get the door. I looked into the peephole to see that it was my cousin Andrew standing at my doorstep. It seemed like the fire that had already been ignited was just about to get worse.