used

.

I looked at him waiting for him to tell me who his baby mama was. He was very quiet about it. Almost as if he was scared to tell me, and for some gut feeling I knew I wasn't going to like his answer just by him prolonging to answer my question. I couldn't believe my ears when he said that he had a daughter. I mean where did this come from all of a sudden? What the heck does it mean now?

"Well," I said blinking my eyes. "I'm still waiting for you to tell me." I reminded him.

I watched as he bit his bottom lips, "Laila," he finally told me. As soon as he said her name I couldn't believe it. Laila had gotten pregnant with his child? She was his baby mama? No way.

My eyebrows rose, "Laila," I repeated and he slowly nodded his head. "Are you sure that's your child?"I asked sarcastically. I watched as his facial expression turned from a blank expression to a visible scowl. I shrugged my shoulders not even fazed by the looks that he was giving me, because all I kept thinking about in my head is 'she's a hoe and she doesn't know who her fucking baby daddy is so she's claiming that he's her baby daddy'. "I mean I just got to ask." I said shaking my head. "You've been gone for what... almost five years, and she's just now springing this on you that she was pregnant with your child?" I asked him. "Sounds kind of suspicious to me—she could've been pregnant with some other dudes baby and now she's pinning the baby on you." I told him.

He shook his head, "Lai is not like that," he said frowning.

"I think you should get a paternity test to see if that baby is yours. I don't believe that she's yours. Why the fuck would she wait so long to tell you that she was yours?" I asked him. That hoe know's exactly what she doing. Trying to squeeze time in with my man, and then springing shit on him, just so she can get some child support money out of him knowing damn well that that baby does not belong to him.

"I am not doing a paternity test," he informed me. My eyebrows furrowed when he said that. "Tarahji's mines and I know that for a fact. She looks just like me just in a girls version. I don't have to take no paternity test to prove shit."

"I don't believe that," I told him. "She could have the same skin color and have the curly hair and whatever from another guy. Laila might be trying to trap you. Telling you that she was pregnant with your baby just so that she can take you to court to get some child support money—"

"Cut that fucking shit," he growled cursing at me. "I'm not fucking taking no damn test to determine if she mines or not. And Laila ain't that kind of shady." He told me. "And for your information, she didn't even want me to know that I had a daughter. She doesn't want anything from me, that's why she fucking kept it a secret from me." He told me. "I had to find out on my fucking own when she was called down the emergency room saying that our daughter was hurt. She wouldn't even tell me." He said completely upset.

I hadn't expected for him to blow up on me. But I couldn't believe that she didn't want him to pay child support nor could I believe that that baby was his. She had to want something from him.

"Then that should be a red flag right there." I told him. "You say she refused to tell you. Maybe that means that she's not really yours. That means that someone else might be the—" he cut me off again.

"You know what Toya?" he asked giving me a disgusted look. "I'm about tired of your shit." He said nodding his head. I frowned. What was he talking about? Did Laila tell him about me and Tyrell? She promised that she wouldn't tell— "Mama was right about you." He said cutting into my thoughts,"You're the wrong girl for me." He said nodding his head. "And I'm just now realizing that." He told me.

"Maybe if I hadn't been too busy trying to use you, maybe I would've known a lot sooner that she was pregnant," My mouth dropped open once I heard him say that he had been using me. "Yeah," he said nodding his head. "I was using you. When I left for college I was madly in love with Laila and I am still madly in love with her. But, when I left for college I decided that I would have my fun and experiment since I would be away from her. And you couldn't have come at a better time when I made that decision."

Shaking his head, "Falling in love with you was never the fucking plan but somehow—I don't know how—I overlooked your flaws and fell in love with you. Only difference between now and then, is that I really see the real you. You're one of the most selfish, self-centered, disrespectful, high-maintenance bitch I have ever known." He said and I was just about to lift my hands to slap him when his words stopped me. "Um, before you lift your hands up to slap me, I think you need to hear the rest of what I have to say." he told me.

He cleared his throat, "You know my cousin came at me the other day... and he um... told me some crazy shit, that for some reason... shit is wild man," he said chuckling and started shaking his head."He told me that he saw you a couple of times with some older man. Kissing and touching," My mouth dropped again for what seemed like the second time tonight.

"You're ly—"

"Lying?" he asked cutting me off. He nodded his head. "Nawl, baby. You lying," He said chuckling."You're the one who fucking cheated on me while I've remained faithful to your ungrateful ass." He told me. "But, um... I ain't even mad at you." He said. "I think that big time is good for you." He told me. "You want a man with money, so why settle for less?" he asked me.

He walked towards his door, "Why settle with someone who was just only using you in the first place boo? Why go for a man who doesn't love you and has a daughter?" he asked me. He shook his head as he held his door open. "So, if you asking me to get a paternity test to see if she's mines or not..." he shook his head. "Shits, not going to happen." He told me. "She's mines and I know that." He said banging his chest.

"Instead of worrying about shit that's not your fucking business, what you really need to worry about is checking yourself." He said with a serious face. "Get yourself checked out and see if you ain't carrying shit. Because I don't know..." he shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe homeboy slipped a time or two because that ass is getting fat. I ain't saying I'm denying it if it's mines or not but I know I only hit twice in the last month and each and every time I used a condom."

I shook my head no as I looked down at my body. What was he talking about? I was not gaining weight nor was I pregnant. "Now, get the fuck out of my house. We're through." I shook my head in disbelief. H