love you better .

I opened my eyes to the sound of the birds chirping from a nearby window. I turned around looking at the empty space next to me on the bed. I hadn't really expected for him to be lying next to me when I woke up this morning, but if he had been there I would have been happy that he was either way. I bit my lips and smiled as I grabbed for his pillow that had the little remnants of his cologne on it. I held it to my nose loving the masculine scent of him. I honestly have to admit that it felt good to wake up the next morning in a bedroom that was very soon to be mines—well minus the fact that he wasn't in bed.

Jahbari had waken me up from my slumber an hour ago informing me that he was going for his regular morning run, and because it was Sunday, it could only mean one thing for him. It was family day. It meant that he was going to go to church with his family and having dinner with them. He invited me last night to join them, but I happily declined, like always. I wasn't so much into the religion thing nor was I excited about spending any time with his side of the family, especially being anywhere where his mother was near.

I swear—and I cross my heart, the lady hated me with a passion, and she always made sure to let me know of it every time we came into contact. And I most certainly am not going to lie, I too had shared the same exact loathe towards her. Ever since I've met the old bitch she's showed nothing but disdain that she didn't want me for her son. Apparently, she thinks that I'm too good for her son. Again, I'm not going to lie, I agree with her. I am too good for him. But, then again, you can't help who your heart chooses to fall in love with.

A smirk graced my face as I thought of the surprised look that etched on the old hags face when she learned that Jay had proposed to me. Boy oh boy, that was a Kodak moment. I just knew then that I had won that battle. There was nothing that old lady was going to do or say to stop me and Jay from marrying. And whether she liked it or not, I was going to be a Samuels. Well, I'm keeping my last name. Not going to hyphenate it or change my last name.

Anyways, after the house warming party, I decided to spend the night. I realized after Jay and I argued about that trick, Latisha, Laquisha, Lawanda—whatever her fucking name is—I realized that we haven't had much time to ourselves. It seems like lately we've been spending our time arguing about stupid things, than really expressing our true love for each other.

And the other reason for my staying was because I really didn't like that he was neighbors with that trick. And because they were neighbors, she was always fucking in my fiancés' place and I really didn't like that. And I don't care what I have to do to get this heifer to back off, I'll do it. Bitch needs to know that I'm his wife and she needs to learn how to step off because he ain't going anywhere. I held tighter on the pillow wishing that it was either her head or the old hags head. Both of them made me so sick.

I dismissed the evil thoughts that I had earlier as thought of last night's love session entered my mind. I bit my bottom lip. "Mhmm," I moaned shutting my legs tight as the tingly feeling formed below. It had been a while since he'd been able to hit my spot. I may be too good for Jay and maybe I may not be hitting the big time with him anytime soon, but he was sure 'nough knocking my boots right.
I snapped out of my reverie as my phone rang that all too familiar ringtone. I smiled. And here's my other lover right there, the one who was actually paying the damn bills. I looked over the text that HE sent me. It read:

August 21, 2011 9:23 AM
Sender: Chocolate THUNDA:
LOL ;-) so badly . Come over tonight so I can eat you out .

I smiled. His name was Tyrell. Tyrell Morris. He was a guy who I had been messing around with for as long as I could remember. We've had sexual affairs with each other off and on for the past seven years. But, when he heard of my decision to go away for college he was sadden. We broke off our relationship. But, now that I was back into town we started talking to each other again in that familiar way again.