special request .

Jahb.

I opened the backyard gate and walked on the pathway immediately spotting my mother talking to my aunt Marjorie. I waved to my aunt and she smiled at me and causing my mother to turn around. Once she and I made eye contact a frown etched on her face. Ignoring the expression written on her face I headed towards her direction to give her a kiss, "Hey, ma," I bent down to give her a kiss but she hit me.

"Ahh, ma," I screamed. "What was that for?" I asked rubbing the spot where she hit me. That shit hurt.

"Where's Laila and my grandbaby?" she asked me. "Didn't I tell you to not to show up if neither one of them are with you?" she asked me. I smiled remembering her exact words last night.

"Yes, ma," I said nodding my head. "I remember what you said." I told her. "But, I just wanted to help pops out first before I go and get her. And plus I'm sure Laila's is getting her ready so she'll look presentable to you and pops." I told her.

She smiled, "Never mind that son," she told me. "Just give me her number and I'll call her and tell her to come by." She told me.

I shook my head, "Ma, she's kind of busy. She has plans to go out with a friend—"

"Bullshit," she said cursing. "It's an excuse to not see me. Dial her number and let me speak to her. She's going to be here this afternoon and I'm going to see that it happens whether she wants to or not." She told me. I nodded my head taking out my phone and obeying her demand.

I agree with mama. Besides her trying to avoid me she was also trying to avoid my mama. And if mama wants to see her it could only mean one thing, she wants to have a chat with her and I know it won't be pleasant. Better mama try to call and convince her to come than I do.

I pressed Laila's number and then pressed talk and handed her the phone. I watched as my mother waited for Lai to pick up, "Hello, Laila," my mother said.

Laila

I looked through the peephole after seeing that it was just my girls at the door, "Hey, Ali, Mimi," I said going back into Rahji's bedroom. The two of them followed me and plopped down on Tee's room. I went back into Tarahji's closet and looked for something that she could where for the get-together at the Samuel's this afternoon.

Miranda and Alicia hugged Tarahji, "Oooh," Mimi said looking at a dressed Rahji. She had on a dress but I wasn't really feeling it. "You look pretty," she told her.

"Yeah, you do look cute baby," Ali cosigned. "Where are you going?" they asked her.

"I'm going with my daddy to go and meet my grandma and granddad," she told them.

"Ahh," Mimi said. "Are you excited about meeting them?"She asked her.

Tarahji nodded her head, "Yes," she said happily. "I'm excited to meet my nana and grandpa." She told them.

"That's good," Alicia said.

I pulled out a shirt and a shirt and another top and a skirt bottom for her, "Okay, Tee." I said holding it up to her. "Which one do you like better?" I asked her.

"Um,"

"What's wrong with the outfit she has on now?" Mimi asked.

"Not feeling it. Come on Rahji," I said looking at her. "Your daddy is going to be here any minute and we're still not done." I told her.

"Okay," she said. "I want the one with the skirt and shirt." She told me. I nodded my head and told her to undress. I handed her the skirt and new shirt so she can dress quickly.